Studying for the Canadian DAT!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rapsin6ix2019

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to do well for the Canadian DAT in November. I bought a DATcrusher membership, but I would also appreciate any tips on how to study for chem!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! If you are looking for specific chemistry content review, or if you are not comfortable with this section, you should consider destroyer. It is proven and effective. Go raps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Chad's videos helped me tons for chem (I scored 24). In my experience, the cDAT asked much more concept-based questions rather than calculation based, but I'm sure you have heard of this tons already. So focus on actually understanding the concepts, the ideas, how formal charges are assigned, what the difference between the different explanations of acids/bases are etc. etc. etc. But you still have to know the calculations ofc, it's just knowing the concepts help make the calculations easier to do (or sometimes, not necessary altogether).

I personally used Orgoman's DATDestroyer's Chemistry section and practiced the concept-based questions. I did them all (around 450 questions), then redid the ones I found hard in preparing for the DAT. It helps you save Crusher practice tests too until closer to the date.

One last tip that worked for me; the way I like to study is to reiterate and teach myself (or better yet, someone else) the material. I re-wrote ALL my notes from the top of my head on notebooks 3-4 times throughout my studying. And ofc I'd check my previous notes if I wasn't sure about something. I learned very quickly this way; especially in Bio. It works for me, idk if it would for you but just saying.

I agree with the above poster about DATDestroyer for the chem section and it helped me get a 30 in it. I used that and did the chem questions 2x and I would try to understand why other answers were incorrect when I was testing myself. I tried to understand concepts more than memorize for chem and I felt like DATDestroyer was very good as the questions were harder the actual DAT chem section which was nice.

Hey! If you are looking for specific chemistry content review, or if you are not comfortable with this section, you should consider destroyer. It is proven and effective. Go raps.

Would you recommend DatDestroyer or the general chem destroyer for extra practice and improving my chances of doing better in Chem!