Stupid to take a W for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

connie95

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is a crazy question, but I have to ask. What grade justifies a withdrawal? If you feel like you are going to get an A- or B+ instead of an A in a very important science class (say Genetics) that is supposed to raise your sGPA, should you take the W on the transcript or is this just stupid?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I know this is a crazy question, but I have to ask. What grade justifies a withdrawal? If you feel like you are going to get an A- or B+ instead of an A in a very important science class (say Genetics) that is supposed to raise your sGPA, should you take the W on the transcript or is this just stupid?

these are still good grades.. I wouldn't take the W.
Also, do you really want to have wasted a whole semester and have to add this back into your schedule (when you could just take another class) because of an A-/B+?

these are still good grades.. I wouldn't take the W.
Also, do you really want to have wasted a whole semester and have to add this back into your schedule (when you could just take another class) because of an A-/B+?

No I really don't. I want to get the Genetics class over with. The reason I'm so worried is because my sGPa right now is 3.4 and I just have to increase it by next year (when I graduate) so that it can be listed in my AMCAS. And in order to do that, I need as many A's as I can get! Unfortunately, it looks like I will mostly get an A- in this Genetics class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of which, how do medical schools view A vs. A- and B+ vs. B? Are they considered the same thing to adcoms? or do they even care?

Speaking of which, how do medical schools view A vs. A- and B+ vs. B? Are they considered the same thing to adcoms? or do they even care?

I saw your question, but I am not experienced enough to give an opinion (even though I have one) since it would be speculation, so hopefully someone else can answer this.