Submitting application before or after mcat released?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdoc9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first mcat score won't be released until July 10th. Should I wait to submit my application until I receive my score, or should I get it in as soon as possible in June? (My GPAs not all that great, and I'm relying heavily on my mcat score). I also saw in the amcas manual that processing can take up to six weeks... so does this mean that schools won't receive my application until 6 weeks after I submit it to amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

My first mcat score won't be released until July 10th. Should I wait to submit my application until I receive my score, or should I get it in as soon as possible in June? (My GPAs not all that great, and I'm relying heavily on my mcat score). I also saw in the amcas manual that processing can take up to six weeks... so does this mean that schools won't receive my application until 6 weeks after I submit it to amcas?
Submit your AMCAS application to a "throwaway" school on opening day. Add appropriate schools when your score is known.