Submitting GRE Scores Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexJ06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've taking the "super fun" GRE on Thursday and had a few questions about sending scores.

1. My first question is do colleges see all the scores that you send them or just the individual test.
A. IE: Bill does bad on the GRE the first time, but improves the second time. He only sent the scores of the second exam. Is there any way the schools he sends his second exam scores to will have access to his first scores?

2. If I am uncertain of how I will do on the GRE, should I hold off using my four "free" codes for sending the scores to wait and see if my scores are worth sending?

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I've taking the "super fun" GRE on Thursday and had a few questions about sending scores.

1. My first question is do colleges see all the scores that you send them or just the individual test.
A. IE: Bill does bad on the GRE the first time, but improves the second time. He only sent the scores of the second exam. Is there any way the schools he sends his second exam scores to will have access to his first scores?

2. If I am uncertain of how I will do on the GRE, should I hold off using my four "free" codes for sending the scores to wait and see if my scores are worth sending?

Thanks everyone.

1. Schools will see ALL scores. Edit: apparently that's not the case anymore...

2. That's up to you, but I'd go to the testing center prepared with a few school codes anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's crazy... Do sending scores at least report how many times you took the GRE? People might be encouraged to keep taking the test over and over. Very profitable for ETS

Yes, very profitable. Although, theoretically, a school can require an applicant to send all scores.