Submitting primary in February

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuresomething173

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all, I decided to last minute submit to DO schools and submitted AACOMAS primary this weekend. Stats: 514 MCAT, 3.77 sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, experiences as a scribe and medical assistant for 2+ years, research experience for 3 years, volunteering, leadership. Honestly my experiences also very much line up with the DO holistic approach and my primary statement addresses that.

Do you think there's any hope? Also any recommendations on schools that accept late applications?

Members don't see this ad.

It is highly unlikely a DO school would be receptive to an application this late. If you already applied MD this cycle and didn't receive interviews, it would be best to wait till next cycle. You should be aiming for established DO programs and those are very likely filled and have existing waitlisted applicants to pull from.

Hi y'all, I decided to last minute submit to DO schools and submitted AACOMAS primary this weekend. Stats: 514 MCAT, 3.77 sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, experiences as a scribe and medical assistant for 2+ years, research experience for 3 years, volunteering, leadership. Honestly my experiences also very much line up with the DO holistic approach and my primary statement addresses that.

Do you think there's any hope? Also any recommendations on schools that accept late applications?
If you get an interview, you'll be getting one for the waitlist. It will take some seeks weeks for you and the schools to turn around your apps.

At this point in time, it will also really look like you're using DO as a backup.

Have you shadowed DOs? Gotten a LOR?