Suggestions - Verbal course for 2015 (online, in class, tutor?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sphyrna3085

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need help in verbal - I was looking for different courses offered online or in person. I've been studying for the MCAT2014, passed on 1/23 and looking toward MCAT2015 and I know that I'm still weak in verbal.

Kaplan courses are out of my price range. I was wondering if anyone has done this TPR CARS online course-
http://www.princetonreview.com/medical/mcat-verbal-accelerator.aspx
Any other suggestions on online courses?
(I've done ThinkMcat online - learned great tips but for me sometimes I have had hard time following (I'm a ESL) - so I probably wouldn't do his verbal course)

Also - any in class suggestions?
I live in Queens, NY very close to Manhattan, so I can get to any in class offerings in the city.

Tutors - has anyone had experience with MCAT verbal tutors? (Wyzant or Craig's List?)

Thanks all for any suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

Jack Westin is my tutor, I'm not sure someone could do it better. Look him up

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Need help in verbal - I was looking for different courses offered online or in person. I've been studying for the MCAT2014, passed on 1/23 and looking toward MCAT2015 and I know that I'm still weak in verbal.

Kaplan courses are out of my price range. I was wondering if anyone has done this TPR CARS online course-
http://www.princetonreview.com/medical/mcat-verbal-accelerator.aspx
Any other suggestions on online courses?
(I've done ThinkMcat online - learned great tips but for me sometimes I have had hard time following (I'm a ESL) - so I probably wouldn't do his verbal course)

Also - any in class suggestions?
I live in Queens, NY very close to Manhattan, so I can get to any in class offerings in the city.

Tutors - has anyone had experience with MCAT verbal tutors? (Wyzant or Craig's List?)

Thanks all for any suggestions

Think of each paragraph as a short sprint that you need to understand the main idea of before moving onto the next paragraph. This has really helped me with comprehending the main idea of the entire passage.

In terms of verbal courses, you're not going to find a better place to get tutored than through the hands of @Jack Westin. He actually just updated the courses he teaches for MCAT2015 so it's more of a strategy course than anything. I honestly think you should seriously consider giving him a message and some thought. He's patient, understanding, and will work with you. Having him for advice really made me feel confident in my abilities.

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of verbal courses, you're not going to find a better place to get tutored than through the hands of @Jack Westin. He actually just updated the courses he teaches for MCAT2015 so it's more of a strategy course than anything. I honestly think you should seriously consider giving him a message and some thought. He's patient, understanding, and will work with you. Having him for advice really made me feel confident in my abilities.
Did you see a score increase with him?

you seem like u got a thing going on between you and Jack... I mean I had an amazing tutor for verbal but I would never go over the limit and say "you're not going to find a better place to get tutored than through the hands of X"... I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything, just saying :)

you seem like u got a thing going on between you and Jack... I mean I had an amazing tutor for verbal but I would never go over the limit and say "you're not going to find a better place to get tutored than through the hands of X"... I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything, just saying :)
No I mean Jack was just a really good tutor for me and I wanted to express that

I'm currently working with Jack, and he really is the best. His strategy works really well it allows you to constantly learn your mistakes and get better with the CARS section. Recommend him over anyone