Suing a school for...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's pretty late in the cycle to do that...
But spending >>$350 to sue a school sounds like a reasonable thing to do? You'd spend less time and money just to apply to other schools, regardless of how late it is.

@pinkster When someone drops the idea to sue an institution for (a measly) $350, I think people have the right to ridicule them.

Members don't see this ad.

I said that I had reason to believe that they lost it. I was in the first batch. Every other school sent me an application complete except for this school. I know other people have gotten the email saying their application was complete etc. I never got an email. However, they did cash the check that was with my supplemental stuff.

overwhelming evidence to support your claim. chillax.

So I don't know what is going on.

^^^ this much is obvious.

also, you keep using "rolling admissions". until the app deadline for any particular school, it's "open application". it's not until december that things flip to rolling admissions. please, have a beer and stop making threads like this on SDN because you have no idea what in the sweet **** you're talking about.

@Rambunctious, I have waited over 2 months! This post was to get ideas as to how I could get their attention. Suing would be THE LAST thing I would do if at all. If I get in elsewhere, I would obviously let it go. I wouldn't even email them again.
@Dental2000, I don't want to sue. I never said I was going to sue lol. All I said was if I should "Lawyer up." Lawyers don't just sue.
@y3nd0 I don't want to sue and it's nor would I choose that route. I used the words "SUE" in the title because it gets people's attention and it's the extreme to which I do not want to go. Sorry for the confusion.
@Ferneezy way to take things out of context.
@pinkster, thank you for the positive response.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't apologize for us being right. OP is being a typical immature applicant that has no patience whatsoever. Why would you encourage this behavior? It seems like you probably do the same thing.

Im not encouraging anything. Just being supportive and caring towards another individual no matter how ridiculous the situation. Maybe in your 4 years of schooling you can gain these personal qualities and be a better dentist because of it. Until then you can continue to be negative towards others and I can only hope dental schools can sniff this behavior out and take a pass on your acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
But spending >>$350 to sue a school sounds like a reasonable thing to do? You'd spend less time and money just to apply to other schools, regardless of how late it is.

@pinkster When someone drops the idea to sue an institution for (a measly) $350, I think people have the right to ridicule them.

True by why not ridicule in a positive way and leave the insults out of your response?

Reactions: 1 user
Ridicule was the wrong word. Constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism? Reserved for situations/topics that have ambiguous answers, not for outlandish ideas.