Summer Internship Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berkana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been accepted to two different summer internships and I'm having a difficult time deciding. One internship is with the CMS (Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services) with the Office of Minority Health where I would be dealing with disparities in providing healthcare for those in Medicare and Medicaid. The other internship is VALOR with the VA system. I'm not sure where my interests lie just yet and they want a response very soon. Does anyone have any insight to any of these programs?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the offers! Which VALOR program? Does CMS pay? What are you considering for potential career options after school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi,
VALOR in Fresno, CA. Yes, CMS does pay. CMS pays slightly more than VALOR ($2). CMS is up to 12 weeks and I have a summer rotation block but the director was willing to let me do my rotation at CMS if possible. I'm undecided when it comes to potential career options after school.

Hi,
VALOR in Fresno, CA. Yes, CMS does pay. CMS pays slightly more than VALOR ($2). CMS is up to 12 weeks and I have a summer rotation block but the director was willing to let me do my rotation at CMS if possible. I'm undecided when it comes to potential career options after school.
Hmm, I know nothing about the Fresno VA, but the VALOR programs are generally pretty good. I would imagine experience from VALOR would stand out regardless of what you decide to do. What would you be doing with CMS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app