SUNY Downstate Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wolfbeast said:
I just got in!!

Now what do I do?!?!?!

Gotta find an Apartment... do FAFSA...

I dont think I can think straight right now.

neil

Congratulations!!!

Members don't see this ad.

cbcgingko said:
I was accepted in downstate in march and just got called yesterday 7/5 for suny upstate. Does anyone know which school is better in terms of getting into competitive residency programs? I'm trying to think of the next step! Or any other advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'm also Downstate bound. It seems like we have a good class to look forward too. I think it would be great if the 2009 Class could meet up before orientation and do some partying; I actually have spoken to some current Downstate students that told me the class met and hung out a couple of times before orientation week. Maybe we could some suggests started on Prime???

Members don't see this ad :)
Please keep me informed about informal get together on here! I don't have any Prime stuff yet (just accepted off waitlist). Look forward to meeting you all soon. Tick tock...enjoy the next few weeks.

Beginning to work on housing, I'm a 28yr old career changer, on the "mature" side relative to more traditional students I suppose, but laid back and easy going. Born and raised in NY area, so probably won't see me on weekends half the time. I would like to share apt with one or two fellow med students if anyone interested. Doing my homework a bit this week...what are all of you not housing on-campus doing for housing?

hey guys- anyone having trouble with or advice for residency paperwork?? i graduated from college 2 years ago but have been living with my parents (in nys) for the last year, working etc, but not paying rent or utilities. therefore, i am missing a third documentation for nys residency and in-state tuition. i am going insane. anyone know anything about this? please??

MariaS43 said:
hey guys- anyone having trouble with or advice for residency paperwork?? i graduated from college 2 years ago but have been living with my parents (in nys) for the last year, working etc, but not paying rent or utilities. therefore, i am missing a third documentation for nys residency and in-state tuition. i am going insane. anyone know anything about this? please??

Hey Maria,

yeah, called today with same question - get a notarized letter from parents saying that you do live with them (or have lived with them for x number of years). Then you can submit utility bills and stuff with THEIR names on them.

I'm surprised at how much info/proof they need.

Hurray for Downstate peops! I'm really excited to be one of your classmates this fall. I was accepted several weeks ago and am still waiting for my PRIME information...how soon before they send it to you?

For those who say they don't have Prime, the incoming class is meeting at Bowery Bar downtown on friday (the 15th) at 7:00 PM. And there are a lot of people going who say they are looking for roommates to live in Park Slope with - another 28er male was looking.

brewcow said:
For those who say they don't have Prime, the incoming class is meeting at Bowery Bar downtown on friday (the 15th) at 7:00 PM. And there are a lot of people going who say they are looking for roommates to live in Park Slope with - another 28er male was looking.

Really going to try to make it.

brewcow said:

Everything still on for tonight I assume? I'll be there.

nkhotakota said:
Hey have any of you guys taken the AHA requirement for Downstate? I was trying to figure out which course we are supposed to be taking. It's the ACLS one right?

It's the BLS course. I will be attending Downstate starting in August as well and I happen to be an AHA instructor. If you live in the Long Island area and you are interested in taking the class I can offer it to you for $50.

good luck and I'll see you soon,

Justin

ey guys. Just got accepted to Downstate about 2 days ago, got my acceptance phone call while in Taiwan. Can't really make up my mind right now because I was also accepted into Texas Tech. Brooklyn Jay Z V.S Texas cowboys, really need some input from you guys on what's the best choice. :idea:

Hi All

got accepted about a week ago and im a little upset that I missed that friday night outing. how was it? anyway, if anyones planning another one, please let me know. id love to meet you all before classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys i just got accepted today around 3:30pm. and ill def be coming. im looking for housing now. anyone have any ideas or think they can help me out here.

hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has checked the PRIME forums, but there WILL be another Downstate Class '09 party THIS THURSDAY (8-4-2005). I'll be there and I hope there is a warm response from everyone on SDN. Here is the info.:

Meeting Time: 9pm
Meeting Place: Loki Lounge
Address: 304 Fifth Avenue (Park Slope/Prospect Hts) and 2nd St.
Phone: 718-965-9600

http://www.lokilounge.com

Hope to see everyone there!!!!

hey guys i was wondering what ppl are doin for housing. i still dont know if i want to dorms or get an apt. i know there's only a week left. anyone have any ideas.

hey jigga,

i opted for the dorm. there just wasnt enough time to go looking for apartments, and i know diddly squat about brooklyn so i didnt even know where to look. i lucked out though, because i got a single (was dreading having the evil neurotic roommate). if you do want to dorm, i suggest ONLY talking to Sean Pomerantz in the housing office as he is the only one who knows whats going on in that place.

jiggaman said:
hey guys i was wondering what ppl are doin for housing. i still dont know if i want to dorms or get an apt. i know there's only a week left. anyone have any ideas.

question: how did u guys obtain your prime username and password? I emailed tech support last week and i am still waiting to hear from them. Apparently there are some forms that i need to fill out and i can only get them from there. someone please let me know. THANKS!

oh man that's what i was hoping for as well. lets see what i end up gettting. i didnt look at a few apartments but they were pretty expensive and not that great.

yeah i dont know anything about prime considering i just got in. let me know if u find anyting out

hey all,.

was scrolling through the prime forums last night and saw that people were trying to plan a meeting for this thursday in the city. anybody going?

PRIME info/login is emailed to you.

hey guys..i didnt get the prime info..i emailed the address limbo gave me but he said i would get the info during orientation..who knows

What's up everyone,

A meeting in the city has been planned for this Thursday on PRIME. Here is the info.:

Where? Light; located at 155 E 54th St. Between Lexington and Park Ave.

When? Thursday 8/11

Anything else? Yes, it's an open bar with a $5 cover from 5-7.

How do I get there? If you take the subway (please don't drink and drive), Trains E or V to Lexington Ave-53rd St; 6 to 51st St; N, R, W to Lexington Ave-59th St.

Hope to see everyone there!!!!

Quick question for you all of you. Where did you all stay hotel-wise when you interviewed at Downstate. I have an interview coming up there soon and there isnt much nearby (except a super-pricey Marriott). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

medgator said:
Quick question for you all of you. Where did you all stay hotel-wise when you interviewed at Downstate. I have an interview coming up there soon and there isnt much nearby (except a super-pricey Marriott). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I lived in NY at the time, so don't know for sure, but I don't think there is much in the area of brooklyn we're in Brooklyn (excepting the Marriot you mentioned). Stay in manhattan, it's not a bad commute at all. Do a search for budget hotels - will still be pricey.