SUNY Stony Brook OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlr5585

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be applying to the SB OT program for 2010, but need to complete a few prereq's first. I went to the information session and was informed of what courses needed to be fulfilled, however I am still a little confused. I don't want to take courses and then have a problem at the end where they won't count. If anyone is enrolled in the program and has been through it, I would really appreciate your help! Here are the issues I am having: The courses need to be designated for "science majors" but a lot of schools around me don't specify this in their course descriptions.

1. 1 Chemistry - is General Chem okay?
2. 2 Biology - for the first one I was going to take is BIO 101 (General Bio) and the second is Bio 109 (Principles of Bio)
3. 1 Physics - do I take College Physics I or this other course that is Physics w/ Calculus? - this last one seems like a lot b/c you have to have taken Calculus as a pre-requisite and I can't fit that in my schedule!!! I want to apply ASAP...so If College Physics I will meet the requirement I will be very happy b/c if I have to take the 2nd one I don't know if I'll be able to apply.

Thank you very much for your help! I will try and contact the schools tomorrow to see what they say, hopefully they can offer some assistance!

Members don't see this ad.

well, coming from an undergrad of stony, general chem is fine. I'm not too sure about the bio part. You should take the bio that follows bio 101. and the physics i took in stony wasn't calculus based. so if u can, u should avoid physics that is calculus based as it will kill your gpa, unless you're good at it. good luck!