Supplementals again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who has sent the supplemental fees and pictures in already?

Members don't see this ad.

good question...i was wondering the same. Planning on doing it probably this week.

i did the next day after submitting my app.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the two schools that require high school transcripts (Buffalo and UDM), do they have to be sent with the picture and check or does my high school send it out directly?

Also, should the address be typed or is it alright if its written by hand on the envelope? (For the supplementals)

I sent my supplementals out pretty much immediately after i submitted my AADSAS application (except Columbia, which i submitted 2 days ago). I sent out my high school transcripts together with the rest of the supplementals, and i handwrote the addresses. Frankly, it doesn't matter how you do it.

abzirian said:
I sent my supplementals out pretty much immediately after i submitted my AADSAS application (except Columbia, which i submitted 2 days ago). I sent out my high school transcripts together with the rest of the supplementals, and i handwrote the addresses. Frankly, it doesn't matter how you do it.

Do you mean supplemental fees? I assume so because Columbia doesn't have a supplemental application. Also, does it matter if you send them right away because AADSAS has not sent the application yet?

EmanUT said:
Do you mean supplemental fees? I assume so because Columbia doesn't have a supplemental application. Also, does it matter if you send them right away because AADSAS has not sent the application yet?

I sent whatever they wanted for that particular school - fees, pictures, high school transcript.. But it probably doesn't matter when you send it, as long as they get it sometimes relative to when they get the AADSAS application

im confused... looking through the official guide to dental schools i find no info on when we submit supplementals......don't u submit ur supplemental info and fee after u are contacted by each school? Also, according to the supplemental section on our online applications, it shows, for me at least, that no supplemental are due at this time. So how do u know what to send and when to send it and what schools u send this stuff to? I dont get it.

SirShagaLot said:
im confused... looking through the official guide to dental schools i find no info on when we submit supplementals......don't u submit ur supplemental info and fee after u are contacted by each school? Also, according to the supplemental section on our online applications, it shows, for me at least, that no supplemental are due at this time. So how do u know what to send and when to send it and what schools u send this stuff to? I dont get it.

disregard my previous post, i found the info on the online application.

im applying to arizona, it says to submit my DAT scores at the same time i submit my stuff to AADSAS, why???? ....my freaking application has my DAT scores on it......are u telling me that now I have to contact the ADEA and have them send copies of my official DAT scores to the school....what a crock!

SirShagaLot said:
im applying to arizona, it says to submit my DAT scores at the same time i submit my stuff to AADSAS, why???? ....my freaking application has my DAT scores on it......are u telling me that now I have to contact the ADEA and have them send copies of my official DAT scores to the school....what a crock!

Yes, you need to send DAT scores to each and every school you apply to. I believe AADSAS does not verify your DAT scores anymore. As a result, you could probably write whatever you want in that section without AADSAS doing anything to it (Which i wouldn't recommend, since you have to send in your DAT scores directly to them anyway)

abzirian said:
Yes, you need to send DAT scores to each and every school you apply to. I believe AADSAS does not verify your DAT scores anymore. As a result, you could probably write whatever you want in that section without AADSAS doing anything to it (Which i wouldn't recommend, since you have to send in your DAT scores directly to them anyway)

so do i have to mail my request to ADEA and request that they directly send a copy of my DAT scores to each school...if so, does that mean i have to include a fee for each copy sent to each school i apply to???? OR, does the ADEA send the copies i request to me and then i send them to the schools?

thanks

SirShagaLot said:
so do i have to mail my request to ADEA and request that they directly send a copy of my DAT scores to each school...if so, does that mean i have to include a fee for each copy sent to each school i apply to???? OR, does the ADEA send the copies i request to me and then i send them to the schools?

thanks
ADA sends the official scores directly to each school you specify. You can either mail your request or you can submit it online. This link has all the specifics: https://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/scoring.asp
Schools require it to come directly from ADA or it is not "official" (much like transcripts). Good luck - I actually found it to be one of the less involved parts of the application process.

Gustoffa said:
ADA sends the official scores directly to each school you specify. You can either mail your request or you can submit it online. This link has all the specifics: https://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/scoring.asp
Schools require it to come directly from ADA or it is not "official" (much like transcripts). Good luck - I actually found it to be one of the less involved parts of the application process.

yeah, its easy, just expensive.....its pretty ******ed that we just cant send one copy of our DAT scores to the ADEA and then have them verify it....what a huge steaming load of BS....they have the time and manpower to verify transcripts but not DAT scores?.....f that....a drunk high monkey could sit down and verify DAT scores.... :cool:

I was wondering where we find the info on what schools require supplemental fees and pictures? I checked on application under status--supllemental materials and it doesn't say anything. My transcripts still haven't been received does that make a difference? Thanks.

RuffT33 said:
I was wondering where we find the info on what schools require supplemental fees and pictures? I checked on application under status--supllemental materials and it doesn't say anything. My transcripts still haven't been received does that make a difference? Thanks.

its under the "instructions" tab on your online application

hi. i submitted my online DAT score request form....does anyone know if they send your most recent score?...i didnt see any option for this.

thanks

Just to clarify:

The address where we send the supplementals is written on the top left corner page of that section on AADSAS, rite? (where it says what each schools require at the time of application submission and when the admission's officer contacts you)