Supplements & app questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eye see

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a little confused as I'm sure alot of you are/were about optomcas and the application process. So i know there's supplemental essay questions from certain schools like berkeley, scco, neco. I feel like berkeley's question:

"Please discuss how your personal background informs your decision to pursue a graduate degree. Include any educational, familial, cultural, economic, or social experiences, challenges, or opportunities relevant to your academic journey, and why the optometry program at UC Berkeley would be a good fit for you."

and Neco's:
"
Indicate the sources which had an influence on your decision to apply to The New England College of Optometry. "

are basically the same question as our personal statement that we submit to optomcas. So are we suppose to rewrite a new essay or can we just submit our personal statement but maybe changing the conclusion to tailor it to why we're apply to that school?

And I have a question regarding OAT scores, so we submit our scores for each school through ASCO and not optomcas correct? And if we decide to retake our OAT scores, do we have to inform the schools before we submit the application? Sorry, i'm pretty confused so any help would be great! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.