Supplements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hahahaaj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound ditzy but I didn't really realize this whole supplement business until I was pretty much submitting my OptomCAS application. Do most schools require this and how does it work? I noticed a couple of schools have the supplements on their website and NOVA sent me a generic seeming email giving me a headsup as to what their supplemental questions are. I assume MCP and NECO don't have any?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I read on some of the threads that sending a copy of the unofficial score report to the schools is important so I'll be scanning that and emailing it to the admissions offices. How long does it take for the official score report to be sent from ADA?

I don't know how long it takes to get the report from the ADA, I was never notified when the schools received mine, but definitely mail your unofficial in since you just took it.

There is a link somewhere on the optomCAS website and I think it tells which schools have a supplemental application and which ones don't. Typically they will email your supplemental application after they have been mailed your official application from optomCAS, but this isn't ALWAYS the case. That is the procedure for most schools though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the school have supplemental application. Some schools required a fee for that. Some don't. I think most of the newer school don't make you pay extra. Schools won't interview you unless you have complete optomcas, supplemental and oat.
As for verification in optomcas, it depends on many things. When did you submit and pay? How many transcript do you have ( for example I have two ; one from cc and one from university, the one from cc never sent so after call optomcas, I have to order again). So if it takes longer than 3 weeks, definitely call optomcas. Good luck with your application!

Reactions: 1 user
OP, supplements are absolutely essential for making gainz.

Personally I like C4, Craze and of course gotta have plenty of 100% whey protein.

May the gainz be with you OP.

Reactions: 1 users
Most of the school have supplemental application. Some schools required a fee for that. Some don't. I think most of the newer school don't make you pay extra. Schools won't interview you unless you have complete optomcas, supplemental and oat.
As for verification in optomcas, it depends on many things. When did you submit and pay? How many transcript do you have ( for example I have two ; one from cc and one from university, the one from cc never sent so after call optomcas, I have to order again). So if it takes longer than 3 weeks, definitely call optomcas. Good luck with your application!

Thanks, that makes sense! I paid for the optomcas application submission 3 business days ago and I'm worried that the verification will take so long that NECO won't even be able to consider my application. I have 3 transcripts so it might take them a while

My OAT took about a month to reach the schools officially, but you can send in the unofficial, and put your scores on your optomcas. Have all 3 of your transcripts been received by optomcas? If so, it probably won't take took long for them to verify. If not, they won't verify until they have all been received. Also, with supplementals I had to fill one out for Nova and OSU, but not Midwestern. Both schools sent me an email with information on how to fill it out. Nova sent it right after verification, OSU took a few weeks. Be sure to check your junk mail though because my OSU emails went to junk for some reason!