Suspension dilemma .. plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm stuck this question of my pharmcas applicaiton

"Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g., disqualification, suspension, probation, dismissal, etc.) by any college or university for unacceptable academic performance?"

So I'm a non-traditional student. After getting my biology bachelor's I entered a 2 year program at a different school to become a lab scientist but I failed 4 courses in that program and was suspended. However I was offered a spot in the same school for a less intense program to become a lab technician. I completed the lab technician program successfully. Also two of my teachers at the lab technician program wrote me rec letters for pharm school. I went on to do my masters at the same school in the same field but didn't complete it since I decided to switch to pharmacy.

I only submitted a transcript for my masters classes to pharmacas in addition to my biology bachelor's transcript. I didn't submit any transcript for my lab technician program and the reason is that both the lab tehcnican and the lab scientist program are considered undergrad programs and so if I request my undergrad transcript from that school to be sent to pharmcas they will see scores for both programs. So in the eyes of pharm school admission commities I only did my bio bachelors and then masters. However when they see that two of my recommenders are from a lab techician program they might question why I didn't submit my grades from that program. And of course, I am not sure if I should answer that suspension question with yes or no.

To summarize, should I send my transcript for the lab program? and should I answer the suspension question with yes or no ?

I'm really stumped on this issue, I would appreciate any comments

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, you should send transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. This is really important, as they could actually rescind your admission if they happen to find out later that you didn't.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all,

"Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g., disqualification, suspension, probation, dismissal, etc.) by any college or university for unacceptable academic performance?"

So I'm a non-traditional student. After getting my biology bachelor's I entered a 2 year program at a different school to become a lab scientist but I failed 4 courses in that program and was suspended. However I was offered a spot in the same school for a less intense program to become a lab technician. I completed the lab technician program successfully. Also two of my teachers at the lab technician program wrote me rec letters for pharm school. I went on to do my masters at the same school in the same field but didn't complete it since I decided to switch to pharmacy.

I only submitted a transcript for my masters classes to pharmacas in addition to my biology bachelor's transcript. I didn't submit any transcript for my lab technician program and the reason is that both the lab tehcnican and the lab scientist program are considered undergrad programs and so if I request my undergrad transcript from that school to be sent to pharmcas they will see scores for both programs. So in the eyes of pharm school admission commities I only did my bio bachelors and then masters. However when they see that two of my recommenders are from a lab techician program they might question why I didn't submit my grades from that program. And of course, I am not sure if I should answer that suspension question with yes or no.

To summarize, should I send my transcript for the lab program? and should I answer the suspension question with yes or no ?

Thank you

that would be a yes to both. they require ALL transcripts and then just explain in the box, as they don't reject you automatically for suspensions, academic probations , etc ....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

Thank you

You should not send in a recommendation from a lab teacher if you did poorly those lab classes. How did they even write a recommendation if you did poorly in those classes?

You've been here 10yrs. You know they want all the transcripts

Just to update you all. I had 8 interview invites, declined 5, interviewed with 3, got accepted by 3 and will soon start classes at a very reputable school in Texas. So for anyone out there with my same circumstance be honest about your past and try to make the best of it and don't give up ... Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users