Switching from Pharm School to Med School...Chances? MCW or University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanovin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply to every possible school humanely possible! :)

What was your experience like? I'm thinking about getting out too (I'm a P1 - and looking at the field as a whole and the number of variables going AGAINST it, including our Dean's consistent sales pitch that pharmacy is turning increasingly CLINICAL, pffft...) when it's not too late.

What was your experience during pharmacy school* like? (Sorry about the typo)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I deleted the original post as I thought it'd be better in a different forum. My experience has been like yours, in that the faculty is desperately trying to sell us a false dream, making it appear as the "role of the pharmacist" is incredibly flexible and stuffed with tons of job prospects. I'm only a P1 as well, but this first year has been so disheartening and it made me think two things; that I can do better than pharmacy school (since now we're even seeing people with below 3.0's get accepted), and that I'd be happier with med school. It is a very tough decision though. I regret not utilizing the time to truly ponder med school when I had the chance.

Sorry I deleted the original post as I thought it'd be better in a different forum. My experience has been like yours, in that the faculty is desperately trying to sell us a false dream, making it appear as the "role of the pharmacist" is incredibly flexible and stuffed with tons of job prospects. I'm only a P1 as well, but this first year has been so disheartening and it made me think two things; that I can do better than pharmacy school (since now we're even seeing people with below 3.0's get accepted), and that I'd be happier with med school. It is a very tough decision though. I regret not utilizing the time to truly ponder med school when I had the chance.

I initially was looking into pharmacy until I began immensely shadowing the field. Realized with my time off after undergrad that my passion is medicine. Transition years are extremely beneficial and helped me make the best decision for me. I advise others to do the same instead of rushing. Pharmacy is a dying field IMO and very boring/monotonous (IMO). An arnp I shadowed opted out of his pharmacy school after the first semester. Point is, go with what will make YOU happy. This what you will be doing for the rest of YOUR life. Ain't no way I was standing in a CVS all day. Good luck to you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users