switching pt school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pt1102

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch PT schools after the first year? I am now applying to school in New York but may have to move out of state after a year and want to know if schools with accept transfer students due to personal circumstances. Has anyone had experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I do not have personal experience with this issue but my answer would be 99.9% of the time no you cannot switch PT schools. I have seen the question come up on websites and at school interviews and I have never heard of a school allowing transferring PT students. I would suggest trying to apply to a school where you would be able to stay for 3 years.

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch PT schools after the first year? I am now applying to school in New York but may have to move out of state after a year and want to know if schools with accept transfer students due to personal circumstances. Has anyone had experience with this?