Taiwanese licensing exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Narkose

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to the Asian community!
Does anyone know about the Taiwanese licensing exams for a foreign medical graduate wishing to practice in Taiwan?
Are they the same exams as the ones local students are required to take?
If I receive my residency training in the US is it automatically recognized?
Thanks in advance for any infos.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I need information regarding application for the licensing exam too. I'm an IMG but a citizen in Taiwan. Do they have screening for eligibility to take the examination?

Please help!
Thanks!

Totallyspies said:
Hello, I need information regarding application for the licensing exam too. I'm an IMG but a citizen in Taiwan. Do they have screening for eligibility to take the examination?

Please help!
Thanks!

Hey there,

In which country did you receive your medical education? (since your a IMG). As far as I know, they dont accept approve ANY medical schools in China. But if you're studying in the PIs etc, then yes you are eleligible to take the licensing exam in Taiwan. But before you do that, you'll need to sit another examination which is to do with "recognising" your competency as a medical graduate.If you pass it, then you'll be able to sit the actual licensing examintation. You should ring the corresponding licensing body in Taiwan to check.

Hope that helps!

Jerry

Members don't see this ad :)
jerryjr36 said:
Hey there,

In which country did you receive your medical education? (since your a IMG). As far as I know, they dont accept approve ANY medical schools in China. But if you're studying in the PIs etc, then yes you are eleligible to take the licensing exam in Taiwan. But before you do that, you'll need to sit another examination which is to do with "recognising" your competency as a medical graduate.If you pass it, then you'll be able to sit the actual licensing examintation. You should ring the corresponding licensing body in Taiwan to check.

Hope that helps!

Jerry

Hi Jerry, thanks for the reply. :)

I'm actually not aware that one still has to take some sort of an initial qualifying exam before being able to take the actual exam. I think I saw somewhere that beginning this year the Qualification Screening Written Examination will no longer be held. Is this the examination you're talking about? Please clarify.

Thanks! :)

Totallyspies said:
Hi Jerry, thanks for the reply. :)
I'm a graduate of a Philippine medical school.
I'm actually not aware that one still has to take some sort of an initial qualifying exam before being able to take the actual exam. I think I saw from the english website that beginning this year the Qualification Screening Written Examination will no longer be held. Is this the examination you're talking about? Please clarify.

Thanks! :)

Hey,

Yes, that's precisely the one i was referring to. I'd say go with what the website says (coz I'm getting my info through other people, so they might not be totally reliable). Anyway, if the initial screening exam is no longer required, that's better isnt it? :p

By the way, just out of curiosity, are u planning to practice in Taiwan? (since you're interested in the licensing examination).

Jerry :)

jerryjr36 said:
Hey,

Yes, that's precisely the one i was referring to. I'd say go with what the website says (coz I'm getting my info through other people, so they might not be totally reliable). Anyway, if the initial screening exam is no longer required, that's better isnt it? :p

By the way, just out of curiosity, are u planning to practice in Taiwan? (since you're interested in the licensing examination).

Jerry :)

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for clarifying. :) Phewwww! That's one less exam for me! :p
Yes, I'm planning to practice in Taiwan. :)

Hi,
do you have the link to that website with the examination infos? Thanks

Totallyspies said:
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for clarifying. :) Phewwww! That's one less exam for me! :p
Yes, I'm planning to practice in Taiwan. :)

Hey there,

No worries! :D not sure if i was of any help. heheh
anyways, when are u planning on sitting the exam? and when is it held?

Good luck with sitting your exam!! :)

Jerry

Narkose said:
Hi,
do you have the link to that website with the examination infos? Thanks

Hey,

me too! I'd like to have to website as well, although it might not be of much relevance to me. Just want to keep up to date with what's happening. heheh

Thanks guys

Jerry

Hey Narkose and Jerry,

I don't have the exact site cos I always search by yahoo. :oops:
Just search by yahoo for ministry of exam. ;) :D