Take undergrad or grad class to counteract low gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to attend a master's program for experimental psych (eventually id like to do behavioral neuroscience or neuropsych) but my gpa sucks, <2.5. Ive been trying to decide whether i should retake/replace my grades at a new uni (i dont know if this is possible), get a second bachelors to increase my GPA or take undergrad or grad courses to demonstrate how serious i am. My gpa is low cause i didnt really care and prefered doing other things. I now realize how passionate i am about psychology and its the only thing i can really imagine myself doing. With that being said, Im pretty much willing to do whatever it takes. A second bachelors would make things easier since i could defer my loan payments. I also plan on studying for the GRE before taking class but i plan on doing research while taking classes as well.

So my questions are:

Will another bachelors (in bio) degree make a difference in terms of maintaing a high gpa for two years vs 6 grad or undergrad courses?

Will As in upper level courses demonstrate anything?

I know programs focus on the last 60 credit hours. So if could have a chance in that regard, ill take it.

Members don't see this ad.