Taking a class pass/fail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alt91119

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I plan on taking 18 credits next semester. My major is a language. Right now my sGPA is low, so I plan on taking 3 science courses next semester to remedy that. However, I will also be taking 3 classes for my major. Would it be okay to take one of my major's classes pass/fail? This class is an elective (from which I can choose from 4 classes) which is about linguistics. Basically, would med schools care at all seeing a pass/fail on a transcript? I wanted to make sure I can put a lot of time into the science classes which is why I am contemplating this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Check with your advisor too, at my school none of the courses that go towards my major can be taken pass fail

Hey guys,

I plan on taking 18 credits next semester. My major is a language. Right now my sGPA is low, so I plan on taking 3 science courses next semester to remedy that. However, I will also be taking 3 classes for my major. Would it be okay to take one of my major's classes pass/fail? This class is an elective (from which I can choose from 4 classes) which is about linguistics. Basically, would med schools care at all seeing a pass/fail on a transcript? I wanted to make sure I can put a lot of time into the science classes which is why I am contemplating this. Thanks!
It wouldn't bother me, especially since you'll be a full-time student without the P/F class. n=1

Members don't see this ad :)
I have multiple P/F classes because that is how the labs were graded at my school.

Doesn't hurt to ask. I'm taking Intro to Psychology in Fall 2015. It's not a part of my post-bac pre-med program and most med schools don't consider that a mandatory pre-req, so I'm taking it for MCAT purposes only. Because of that, I'm going to do it on a P/F (or credit/no credit) basis.