Taking a leave of absence...from SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bucks783

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I had to face the harsh realization that I am in fact addicted to SDN. At first, around 1:00 P.M. today, I was in denial of it. Later on, by around 1:15 P.M., I realized and accepted I had a problem. I need to step away for a while and take a leave of absence from the forum. While I will miss each of you and all of your comical posts, I need to do what is best for me. I don't know what it is about the website and its users, but I just can't get enough of it. Where others are addicted to drugs, I am addicted to SDN. When I wake up tomorrow, I am going to embark on a new chapter of my life and live an SDN free (...rest of the month). This decision was in no way, shape or form easy, but after discussing with my family and friends, I feel it is in the best interest of my mental and physical health. It will be different for me living a day to day life and not seeing all of the "DAT breakdowns" and "chance me" and "Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread" posts, but I know it my heart I will be able to make it through this challenging moment in my life. It will be difficult not checking SDN 30+ times a day, but I need to do what is best for me.

I look forward to return to encouraging PMs and responses below. Hopefully I will be able to return with better self control. I thank you all for supporting me during this difficult time & I wish you all the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
See you tomorrow

You won't. I timed this with a trip I am taking...Passages Malibu! I did post this though in an effort to lighten the mood a bit because I know there are a lot of us getting stressed out about not being verified or getting interviews. I shall see you all when I return!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I had to face the harsh realization that I am in fact addicted to SDN. At first, around 1:00 P.M. today, I was in denial of it. Later on, by around 1:15 P.M., I realized and accepted I had a problem. I need to step away for a while and take a leave of absence from the forum. While I will miss each of you and all of your comical posts, I need to do what is best for me. I don't know what it is about the website and its users, but I just can't get enough of it. Where others are addicted to drugs, I am addicted to SDN. When I wake up tomorrow, I am going to embark on a new chapter of my life and live an SDN free (...rest of the month). This decision was in no way, shape or form easy, but after discussing with my family and friends, I feel it is in the best interest of my mental and physical health. It will be different for me living a day to day life and not seeing all of the "DAT breakdowns" and "chance me" and "Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread" posts, but I know it my heart I will be able to make it through this challenging moment in my life. It will be difficult not checking SDN 30+ times a day, but I need to do what is best for me.

I look forward to return to encouraging PMs and responses below. Hopefully I will be able to return with better self control. I thank you all for supporting me during this difficult time & I wish you all the best.
willy-wonka-wilder.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I had that kind of self control.....

Just think of all of the posts and threads that will be waiting for you when you come back!!!! :love:

You won't. I timed this with a trip I am taking...Passages Malibu! I did post this though in an effort to lighten the mood a bit because I know there are a lot of us getting stressed out about not being verified or getting interviews. I shall see you all when I return!

Say hello to Josh Duggar for me.

Reactions: 1 users
You only leave SDN when you've entered dental school and have no other choice but to study. My procrastination habits from undergrad are still haunting me. :whistle:

SDN...the worst kind of addiction :dead::dead::dead:

Better than being addicted to Facebook. Keep on keepin' on.

I managed to make it til Sept 3! And I woke up to an interview invite. It is really true haha. Someone else posted they stopped looking at SDN and it helped them not stress about having no invites and got on during that time. Worked for me too!

Reactions: 1 user
I was sprinting back

Haha congratulations of your interview!!!
And welcome back..