Taking classes in the spring after graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

publixsubs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently applying this cycle, albeit late in the cycle. I hope to have some interviews but they will most likely be post-december (if any). If I do get any interviews, it would probably be during the spring semester, I was just hoping for any input on whether I should take 1 or 2 courses over the spring after I have already graduated. Or maybe what kind of classes if it mattered? I was interested in taking a language course maybe. I've heard that schools like to see that you're academically involved, but it's hard to pay for tuition along with application fees at the moment. Thank you for any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Totally off topic, you must love subs from Publix so much:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently applying this cycle, albeit late in the cycle. I hope to have some interviews but they will most likely be post-december (if any). If I do get any interviews, it would probably be during the spring semester, I was just hoping for any input on whether I should take 1 or 2 courses over the spring after I have already graduated. Or maybe what kind of classes if it mattered? I was interested in taking a language course maybe. I've heard that schools like to see that you're academically involved, but it's hard to pay for tuition along with application fees at the moment. Thank you for any feedback!

When speaking of "academically involved", schools may be thinking in terms of courses such as histology, microbiology, anatomy/physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, and others, rather than non science courses, although a language may be of some benefit, save Swahili, which is not necessarily in high demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for you your feedback! That does make sense about pertaining to science courses! Fortunately enough I received one pre-december and one post-december interview with my unofficial DAT scores! I am leaning towards taking biochem 2 along with a language class next semester. I don't think they offer swahali or anything too out of the norm at my school. I was thinking about spanish, or maybe chinese? Do you think there would be a preference between the languages? Thank you again!

When speaking of "academically involved", schools may be thinking in terms of courses such as histology, microbiology, anatomy/physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, and others, rather than non science courses, although a language may be of some benefit, save Swahili, which is not necessarily in high demand.

Thank you so much for you your feedback! That does make sense about pertaining to science courses! Fortunately enough I received one pre-december and one post-december interview with my unofficial DAT scores! I am leaning towards taking biochem 2 along with a language class next semester. I don't think they offer swahali or anything too out of the norm at my school. I was thinking about spanish, or maybe chinese? Do you think there would be a preference between the languages? Thank you again!
Hispanics 17%; Chinese ~1.5%.