Taking DAT soon. Someone tell me about the setting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mason91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Depending on how much time you have left before your DAT, go to the pro metric website and schedule a test drive for $30 at your test center. It takes 30 minutes for them to walk you through everything that'll happen on test day and that'll answer your questions better than anyone else here since test centers vary :) or call them up and ask your questions specifically

You leave everything in a locker and they check you in with your 2 id's and put you in a cubicle with 2 laminated papers with an unerasable marker. There will be people taking exams inside and there's plenty of space inside the cubicle. There are also noise canceling headphones which I found really helpful. No one watches you, but there will be a camera above your cubicle and you'll get a popup when you have 15 minute and 5 minute left on every section. One thing to note, you get 30 minute break now after the PAT section which I wasn't expecting.

Members don't see this ad :)
my advise is to take a jacket with you. Although its a 90 degree here but I founf the test room was so cold that I was shaking most of the time.
there will be other people in the room taking different exams but the room will be v quite and you will have a good space for you. there will be little walls separating you from others. there are many cameras and one person is watching the room from outside all the time. you can go to the bathroom anytime you want but that would not freeze the timing, besides they will check you everytime you go back to the test room, so you should know that everytime you leave it would take you at leaset 5 mins to go back.
you will have a 30 mins break after the first 2:30 hours.

Reactions: 1 user