Taking kaplan MCAT prep but considering dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I stay in the MCAT prep class?

• Yes, it will help with the DAT regardless.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, the tests are too different for the prep class to help.

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Jedimuscle23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a quarter of the way through the Kaplan MCAT prep course and I rediscovered my interest in dentistry again through a random shadowing opportunity. I know the tests overlap on most of the subjects but the tests themselves are both very different. How benefical or unbenefical would it be to stay in the mcat class if I ultimately might only take the DAT?

I know the classes are expensive but Money is not the issue here. I just want to know what the logical thing to do is regardless of finances.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a quarter of the way through the Kaplan MCAT prep course and I rediscovered my interest in dentistry again through a random shadowing opportunity. I know the tests overlap on most of the subjects but the tests themselves are both very different. How benefical or unbenefical would it be to stay in the mcat class if I ultimately might only take the DAT?

I know the classes are expensive but Money is not the issue here. I just want to know what the logical thing to do is regardless of finances.
You started already, then just might as well finish up the rest. If anything, it will help since many subjects overlap.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might be nice for some content review.

However, for practice questions I'm pretty sure MCAT questions would be overkill to the point of not even helping that much.

I've seen what my friends go through on the MCAT and it doesn't look pretty haha

Took the MCAT and DAT here. The two tests are nothing alike, with the exception of reading comprehension (DAT is much, much easier though).

Reactions: 1 user

Took Kaplan MCAT and took both MCAT and DAT.

The Kaplan course for MCAT was a garbage. That "stop, predict, and think" method will not work on the real MCAT.

And MCAT and DAT do not mix mostly. The only think I can think of is MCAT verbal section is helpful for DAT reading because MCAT reading is much more difficult.