Taking prerequisites online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pat8441

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently in the process of applying to optometry school sometime next year. Im currently have complete both general physics courses online and taken the lab online. I currently need to take the 2nd physics lab to finish my physics area. My question is that even though I have taken my physics classes online will it have an impact of me getting into optometry school. I know some schools require you to be present for the labs. I don't know if I should retake the labs and lecture in person even though I've gotten A's in both physics and lab?

Members don't see this ad.

Email the schools you are looking at. The admissions people at each school may have different opinions.

Email the schools you are looking at. The admissions people at each school may have different opinions.
I agree with @jilliberta from what I have seen some schools will not accept online lab courses. I would contact your prospective schools and consult with them. A lot of times you can find that information on the programs's website so maybe check there too. You don't want to retake a course unnecessarily. Best of luck to you!