Taking the MCAT Anyway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

type12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am on 3 waitlists, and scheduled for an MCAT in Aug (AMCAS already submitted). If I'm accepted, I was wondering if there is any issue on taking the MCAT anyway. You had to sign a statement saying that you are taking it for the purposes of admissions. Upon registration, this statement was true. However, I could not find a, "If you suddenly lose that reason, you must cancel your test" clause or statement within the registration process.

I teach the MCAT and figure, regardless of whether I get accepted or not, it will be a good experience to look at the current MCAT one last time. I wouldn't care to take it if I could get my money back, but canceling the test now gets me back $0.00, while I can get an Amazon gift card. However, it obviously is not worth getting banned or blacklisted by AAMC or med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

If you sign a statement saying you are taking the test for the purposes of admission, then the answer is clear. Not canceling the exam after being accepted is a breach of the contract you signed. You are saying you are "taking" it for the purposes of admission, not just "scheduling it" for the purposes of admission. I don't know if you will get caught for it, or what the consequences may be.