Taking thee Pharmacy Tech. Certification Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takins33613

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book would you recommend that I study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam with?

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for replying, but did you use just Delmar's or did you also use the Morton one? How did you do on the exam? Also, how would you suggest studying for the exam?

I just took (and aced) the PTCB.

You should definitely know basic calculations (500 mg tid x 10 d = how many 250 mg tabs?), brand/generic names, which drugs are controls and what that means for refills/returns, and the laws/bills regarding pharmacy.

I didn't study any of the laws and bills, thinking it wouldn't be on there, but there were at least 4-5 questions regarding that on there.

Also, I got hit with a bunch of days supply questions regarding insulin, so make sure you know that too.

All in all, it wasn't that hard of a test, and with a little studying, you should be fine.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What materials/books did you use MindOverMatter? Anyone else?

Opinions on these books?

Certification Exam Review: The Pharmacy Technician, by Mike Johnson and Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician, by Jahangir Moini

When they send you the certificate,
it's attach w/ the scores right?
is the little card thats part of the paper something you rip out
and use as like practical proof of CphT?

When they send you the certificate,
it's attach w/ the scores right?
is the little card thats part of the paper something you rip out
and use as like practical proof of CphT?

Yes. But it's not a license. If you're in a state that requires licensing you'll need to go a step further for your license.