This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartywrx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Now hiring physical therapists and PTAs in Tampa Bay, Florida!

PT clinics are located inside the physician offices in our locations. We are growing at a rapid rate and are in need of more therapists and assistants. The PT/PTA will have direct access to the orthopedic surgeons for issues or questions (our current PT/PTAs have my cell and come find me to say hi to patients when I'm in clinic) No income tax in Florida very close to the Gulf and beaches. We are in need of staff at our Palm Harbor location, and many other locations. Come work with me and my team at my office in Palm Harbor, FL (Florida Ortho Surgeons, a division of the Florida Orthopaedic Institute.). Other locations in Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough counties may be available. Hours are 8-5 M-F with major holidays off (eg Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, etc...). Good benefits package as well as PTO.

We are the 13th largest orthopedic group in the nation. We need PTs and PTAs. Great location in Northern Pinellas County, very busy practice, good benefits (401k, Cigna health, etc...). Typical patients are rotator cuff, total hip and knee, simple fractures (wrist, ankle, elbow, proximal humerus), hand, knee and hip.

Email our hiring manager at [email protected] (or 727-787-5577 and ask for Conni) with your CV to set up an interview. We are willing to interview and hire out of state candidates and new grads. Come on down to Florida!

The Job Ad:
Physical Therapist are responsible for reviewing patient referrals to therapy, interviewing and evaluating patients physical condition and needs and providing appropriate patient treatment.

Key Responsibilities:

Develop treatment programs addressing patient deficits.
Properly utilize equipment when administering treatments.
Instruct patient in the proper use of assistive devices.
Re-evaluate patient progress and modify treatment programs as appropriate.
Confer with physicians regarding patient plan of care.
Prepare written documentation for patients medical records.
Assist in the care and maintenance of therapy equipment.
Supervise therapy students on internship.
Supervises and provides guidance to supportive personnel.
Reviews LPTAs patient progress notes.
Re-evaluates LPTAs patients at regular intervals as required by state law.
Assure compliance with all company plans, policies and procedures set forth by the Florida Orthopaedic Institute
All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications

Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy.
Florida State Licensure.
CPR certification required.
Job Type: Full-time

Benefits:

401(k)
Dental insurance
Employee assistance program
Employee discount
Health insurance