TBR 2009 Books acceptable? Or should I buy new ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksavior

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have the Berkeley Review's gen chem and physics book, published in 2009. I've read that they've made significant changes to the books, however. Should I go ahead and buy the newer ones or is it something to not worry about? Studying for the January mcat.

Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I have the Berkeley Review's gen chem and physics book, published in 2009. I've read that they've made significant changes to the books, however. Should I go ahead and buy the newer ones or is it something to not worry about? Studying for the January mcat.

Thanks for the help

You'll be fine with the 2009 general chemistry, as long as its passages are clean. But I think you should upgrade the physics book, because the new one is just considerably better. Anything mid 2010 or later would be fine.

You'll be fine with the 2009 general chemistry, as long as its passages are clean. But I think you should upgrade the physics book, because the new one is just considerably better. Anything mid 2010 or later would be fine.

Speaking of upgrading, you better upgrade your ordering system. I am one of those people who turned their backs on TBR because of it.

Speaking of upgrading, you better upgrade your ordering system. I am one of those people who turned their backs on TBR because of it.

Those books will be 100% fine.

And I agree. TBR's system sucks. I paid more to get my TBR books elsewhere, but I had them in no time.