TBR 2015 Missing Chapters???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

TBR posted a 120 schedule (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-to-self-study-for-the-mcat.980198/#post-16813260) to fully study for the MCAT using the updated, 2015 books.

As I was making an excel spreadsheet to use this as a guide, I noticed that TBR states that there's a "GChem Chapter 11" and 12. However, the all the books have sections (and not chapters) numbered 1 to, at most, 10. For example, the GChem books have a Part 1 w/ sections I-V and a Part 2 w/ sections VI-X.

Where are these extra chapters? Is there a subset of chapters within "sections"? What am I missing?

Members don't see this ad.

BerkReviewTeach posted the schedule on Aug 6, 2015.

I just had the books shipped to me directly from TBR. Regardless of whether or not they updated their GChem book, they still have a schedule posted for the 2015 exam with "Read G Chem Chapter 11" & "Read G Chem Chapter 12."

I don't think they would post a schedule about books that have yet to come out...?

Anyone have a TBR-based schedule using the new books?

I just had the books shipped to me directly from TBR. Regardless of whether or not they updated their GChem book, they still have a schedule posted for the 2015 exam with "Read G Chem Chapter 11" & "Read G Chem Chapter 12."

I don't think they would post a schedule about books that have yet to come out...?

I don't have the schedule, but I ordered the bio and psych books because they were updated for the new exam (this was at the end of December/beginning of Jan). I noticed that the new updated Chem books were not listed on the website at time- so I'm wondering if they recently just published them - and always knew they were going to - so they added it on the schedule anyways?

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you maybe get a set of the old books instead of the new ones? I read somewhere on this site it happened to a few people who just recently ordered these books. Maybe compare the your book chapters to the ones they have posted on their website (because they are in a different order) and see?

Did you maybe get a set of the old books instead of the new ones? I read somewhere on this site it happened to a few people who just recently ordered these books. Maybe compare the your book chapters to the ones they have posted on their website (because they are in a different order) and see?

That's exactly what happened.

I'm ticked that I fell within the small window of time where they were advertising new GenChem books on the forum and creating a schedule for them ~6 months ago while still shipping the old book. I ordered my set on Christmas day, so I must have been extraordinarily unlucky.

Do you think they'll switch them out for me?

That's exactly what happened.

I'm ticked that I fell within the small window of time where they were advertising new GenChem books on the forum and creating a schedule for them ~6 months ago while still shipping the old book. I ordered my set on Christmas day, so I must have been extraordinarily unlucky.

Do you think they'll switch them out for me?

They might- the only thing is around Christmas they only had the older set (I kow, because that was around the time I ordered it as well).
I would contact them via phone and just ask, email seems to take forever. I spoke to a guy named Elliot who was very helpful with my order. And, they don't always pick up the phone but if you're persistent enough you will eventually get through (lol- talking from experience).

Reactions: 1 user
They might- the only thing is around Christmas they only had the older set (I kow, because that was around the time I ordered it as well).
I would contact them via phone and just ask, email seems to take forever. I spoke to a guy named Elliot who was very helpful with my order. And, they don't always pick up the phone but if you're persistent enough you will eventually get through (lol- talking from experience).

So California. ^_^

Reactions: 1 user