TBR and EK....unnecessary? Or worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted244469

I've been reading up a LOT on MCAT review tools, since I plan on taking the test in September and wanted to be prepared for when the time comes to purchase these. I've read great things about both TBR and EK and would like to purchase both sets. The thing is, that is pretty darn expensive. Is it worth it? I honesty don't mind spending the money, but I'm not extremely well off at the moment, so it would help if I didn't have to. I was looking at buying the 9th Edition EK set and then purchasing the last version of TBR. SN2ED only has TBR as the complete set needed.

Any opinions would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only things I used for studying were TBR and EK. Got a balanced 35. I'd say they were worth it.

Use TBR for chemistry and physics, EK for everything else.

Reactions: 1 users
The only things I used for studying were TBR and EK. Got a balanced 35. I'd say they were worth it.

Use TBR for chemistry and physics, EK for everything else.
Mad jack how long ago did you take your pre-requisites only because people usually have their opinion but for some of us it will be more of relearning. Lol like me since it's been over 7 years

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the new EK bundle myself. I have graduated already and wanted a refresher for the June exam. I have been VERY pleased with the books. Great explanations in areas I had trouble in during undergrad. I HIGHLY suggest picking up the VR and CARS book. It has a great breakdown on strategies to get through questions quickly and efficiently.