TBR and TPR Hyperlearning passages for most recent MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed598

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about TPR Hyperlearning and TBR passages especially for the recent very difficult PS MCAT sections. Anyone who used exclusively TBR and felt like those passages were sufficient? Or anyone who used just TRP Hyperlearning? I have both but my MCAT is on Janary 8th so I'm trying to decide what would be best!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used TBR exclusively for Physics, Gen. Chem and Organic as recommended by the SN2 schedule. I was extremely hesitant at first because their website looks like it's from 1992, their books have a very plain format, but the information and strategy is priceless. The way the present the information from different perspectives, give you options on how to solve PS questions the way that best fits your style, and incorporate example questions on almost every page has been a game-changer. Highly recommend.
Background info on me: 2 years post-grad, never done above college algebra in undergrad, physics was 2 years old, gen. chem like 5 years old.

I'm using TBR for Physics, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. TBR is fantastic for all three of these subjects. Most of their passages make you think, some more so than others. I felt Organic Chemistry wasn't so hard but then again that's my strong suit of the three. I'm terrible at Physics and I felt a good chunk of their passages were difficult in a good way. They really cover a lot of boundaries/concepts to know so that you won't be surprised on the MCAT.
I also have TPRH SW if that's what you mean. I've heard that their biology passages are good preparation for the real deal. So far I've done passages for Biology, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry from TPRH SW. I would say Biology would be the hardest but they're not that bad at all. The two Chemistry's are not hard in TPRH for some reason or maybe I'm just really learning the material. I haven't done much of their Physics passages so can't say much.