TBR Bio Blood Clotting details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrs.Buckeye1992

Queen of the World.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is this section crazy detailed? I keep getting twisted into all the details and overall, I can't really see this being on the MCAT at all, but maybe that's just my wishful thinking. What's the breakdown of clotting that needs to be really committed to memory? The chelating action and the whole process of Factors and their triggers/conversions seems too in-depth. Advice on cutting this all down?

Throw your TBR books out the closest window and switch to EK or TPR before you waste your time on any more useless things.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But I haven't taken any pre-reqs, so I;d be lost without the details. Are you saying all information related to blood clotting isn't necessary to know for the test? That seems a little too assuming.

The first time I took the MCAT I used TBR and got a 31, this time around I am using EK and chads videos exclusively and averaging a 37. I would literally bet you ten thousand dollars that you will not need to know anything about clotting factors on your mcat. The AAMC publishes a list of all required topics for the mcat, and although it's been a while since I checked I don't seem to recall seeing Von Willebrand factor on it.

The first time I took the MCAT I used TBR and got a 31, this time around I am using EK and chads videos exclusively and averaging a 37. I would literally bet you ten thousand dollars that you will not need to know anything about clotting factors on your mcat. The AAMC publishes a list of all required topics for the mcat, and although it's been a while since I checked I don't seem to recall seeing Von Willebrand factor on it.

You are using EK and Chad's for all of your content review? Or just for bio?

But I haven't taken any pre-reqs, so I;d be lost without the details. Are you saying all information related to blood clotting isn't necessary to know for the test? That seems a little too assuming.
Blood clotting is listed in the AAMC's content outline for BS.