You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
TBR Bio
Started by MCATMountain
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's 1000 pages spanning 2 books. TBR seems to have a good rep on this site and in general, but is there an alternate COMPREHENSIVE resource?
im currently using EK bio. everything i read said TBR bio is SUPER detailed. So I decided to use the EK bio since I feel like I have good general knowledge. However, I plan on using this book completely and then doing all of the passages from the TBR book
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does super-detailed mean? Like is it stuff you haven't seen in your intro bio textbook? Does it include advance level bio?
excessive details.
EK is pretty much only things you NEED to know.
What does super-detailed mean? Like is it stuff you haven't seen in your intro bio textbook? Does it include advance level bio?
Many low-yield details that you're highly unlikely to see on an MCAT exam. If you're weak in certain areas of bio it can be a nice supplement to EK, though.
I've been reading TPR bio in my spare time and like it. I've also done the TBR bio stuff.
I also prefer it. I feel it makes me understand the biology better.
I think EK is nice, but not comprehensive enough for high yield. I'd pick Princeton if I were you oP and see if I like it.
Many low-yield details that you're highly unlikely to see on an MCAT exam. If you're weak in certain areas of bio it can be a nice supplement to EK, though.
"Low-yield" is a very generous way of describing some parts of the Metabolic Pathways chapter haha.
"Low-yield" is a very generous way of describing some parts of the Metabolic Pathways chapter haha.
I wouldn't know; I never even tried to read that one.

would it be ok if I use only ek and tpr for bio even if a lot of stuff in the bio are new to meI? I feel like my brain would explode if I tried to learn all the little details in tbr bio and I feel like I already learn a lot from reading tpr bio only.
I wouldn't know; I never even tried to read that one.![]()
Rolling the dice for a chymotrypsin mechanism passage on the MCAT!

not
Rolling the dice for a chymotrypsin mechanism passage on the MCAT!
not
I like to live dangerously. 😎