TBR Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATMountain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's 1000 pages spanning 2 books. TBR seems to have a good rep on this site and in general, but is there an alternate COMPREHENSIVE resource?

Members don't see this ad.

It's 1000 pages spanning 2 books. TBR seems to have a good rep on this site and in general, but is there an alternate COMPREHENSIVE resource?

im currently using EK bio. everything i read said TBR bio is SUPER detailed. So I decided to use the EK bio since I feel like I have good general knowledge. However, I plan on using this book completely and then doing all of the passages from the TBR book

TBR bio it's very detailed and difficult but very good for critical thinking which is needed since there is a greater emphasis on it in the MCAT.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

What does super-detailed mean? Like is it stuff you haven't seen in your intro bio textbook? Does it include advance level bio?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reading TPR bio in my spare time and like it. I've also done the TBR bio stuff.

What does super-detailed mean? Like is it stuff you haven't seen in your intro bio textbook? Does it include advance level bio?

Many low-yield details that you're highly unlikely to see on an MCAT exam. If you're weak in certain areas of bio it can be a nice supplement to EK, though.

I've been reading TPR bio in my spare time and like it. I've also done the TBR bio stuff.

I also prefer it. I feel it makes me understand the biology better.

I think EK is nice, but not comprehensive enough for high yield. I'd pick Princeton if I were you oP and see if I like it.

would it be ok if I use only ek and tpr for bio even if a lot of stuff in the bio are new to meI? I feel like my brain would explode if I tried to learn all the little details in tbr bio and I feel like I already learn a lot from reading tpr bio only.

I like to live dangerously. :cool:

dangerously.PNG