TBR End of Book Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kryptonxenon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion of the TBR end of book tests? Are they good practice/indicative of the real thing?

I am currently doing the passages in the TPR science workbook and the online passages provided by TPR, but am wondering whether I should do TBR passages as well. Ideally, I would like to do both but will not be able to. Suggestions regarding this are much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I also have the same question, except I don't have the TBR books and was wondering if its worth buying the books for those practice passages?

Their end of book tests are straight up recall, very easy. It is their questions at the end of each chapter that are very very good. Much better than anything TPR is putting out (besides hyperlearning CARS) from my experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd prioritize any AAMC stuff you have left and go over that well. Figure out whatever weak areas you have left and work on questions in those areas. Really it wouldnt take long to do the end of book questions in the main sections of biology and chemistry. They are recall, but they may help identify some topics for last minute studying. Good luck on your exam!

@Horse Apiece - Given that my exam is in 2 weeks is it worth doing the TBR end of book passages? I did the end of chapter questions.

If your exam is in 2 weeks, I would focus on the AAMC stuff. The Unscored and Scored, Section Banks, and Q-Packs (if you have time for these).

I did the back of the book tests for TBR Book 1 and I found them helpful, but more so to test my knowledge of content. I was weaker in Biology when I started studying and TBR helped me pull my score up. TBR back of the book exams aren't really representative of the real thing, but they are a good resource earlier on in the study process.

Are you guys using the old or new TBR? Would the end-of-chapter tests from old TBR be just as helpful for reinforcing content review?

Thank you guys for your responses! @hat the content hasn't changed a whole lot so the old TBR books should still be good for content review.