TBR FULL LENGTHS!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWillMakeIt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE!

DID ANYONE USE TBR FULL LENGTHS FOR THE NEW EXAM? I have not seen anyone mentioning anything about their FLs. any advice would be appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to be no real help but I havent really looked into or have taken TBR FLs. From what I've seen most people would order it as. All AAMC FLs>EK>NS>TPR=Kaplan. I've heard TBR goes into crazy detail so I'm sure their tests do as well which is out of line of what the MCAT is about. As a guess I would rank it on par with TPR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I looked everywhere on SDN, it does not seem like anyone ever used them. sad but true :D

I've heard TBR goes into crazy detail so I'm sure their tests do as well which is out of line of what the MCAT is about. As a guess I would rank it on par with TPR.

Without having seen our exams, it's really not possible to rank. Unfortunately for us (BR), the bulk of the comments about our exams are like yours: speculative and based on rumors. I say this because we went from being ranked second only to AAMC in January 2015 (old exam) to minimal notoriety in 2016. This is no doubt the fallout from trying to do the right thing rather than the "business" thing. Every company but us started releasing 2015 MCAT books and materials in early 2014, based on just one practice exam released by AAMC. This is the same practice exam that many people here complain is not a good indicator. In 2014 and early 2015, there was a great deal of promotion by the big companies and a new company came guns a'blazing for about a year, promoting their materials. Meanwhile, we laid low and worked on our books and exams, releasing them AFTER April 2015 (almost a year later for the last of our books) making sure they were spot on for the actual exam. We are very proud of our materials and how well they fit the current MCAT. They are detailed in biochemistry, where they need to be. There actually aren't that many details elsewhere; what makes them thick are the lengthy answer explanations that focus on test strategies and multiple pathways to a solution. The books and exams are pretty stellar, and our students's scores have been jaw-dropping. Hopefully you'll get a chance to see current BR materials and see just how helpful they are.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I looked everywhere on SDN, it does not seem like anyone ever used them. sad but true :D

They were very popular through January 2015, but we actually pulled them from the market for a brief period while we made the necessary changes. Very few people used them in 2015 and early 2016. There were a good number of people who used them this past summer though (we had a surge in book purchases and exam purchases), so I suspect you'll start to see more and more comments over the next year.

Reactions: 1 user