TBR or TPR NEW MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtseselala

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the new mcat. Just received my Jan 23 score. and not happy. Would you suggest TBR or TPR for new mcat? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
TBR is mostly sufficient for the new MCAT, but you're going to need to supplement with another company's biochemistry and psychology/sociology books.

Do you think using TBR+KA videos are enough for the biochem content? I also have my old notes so I was planning on referring to that as well for extra help (i have a nice organized binder).

Yeah, that should be okay. I made an excel sheet matching up relevant TBR and KA videos to my Kaplan books (which I am happy to share), and just about all of the biochem you need is covered by a combo of the two. The only topics you might need to supplement with outside notes are the various metabolic pathways.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that should be okay. I made an excel sheet matching up relevant TBR and KA videos to my Kaplan books (which I am happy to share), and just about all of the biochem you need is covered by a combo of the two. The only topics you might need to supplement with outside notes are the various metabolic pathways.
Oooh share share!!

Thanks! Just an FYI, TBR has about 2 sections on just metabolic pathways...I'm not sure if I need to know them ALL (seems like an overhaul), but its nice to have that anyway. Also KA videos have some videos on specific pathways as well.

Thanks! Just an FYI, TBR has about 2 sections on just metabolic pathways...I'm not sure if I need to know them ALL (seems like an overhaul), but its nice to have that anyway. Also KA videos have some videos on specific pathways as well.

Womp, just looked over it again and you're right. Sorry about that!

Oooh share share!!

Here you go. :)

Reactions: 3 users
This is awesome! Which version of TBR and EK are you basing this off from?

Haha thanks. :) I made a post an hour or two ago with what I ended up deciding to study with and the schedule I made out of those materials, if you're looking for a more guided version of this.

I bought them secondhand but the TBR books are a combination of 2012/2013, and the EK books are for the new exam.