TBR Verbal or Kaplan's Verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have both TBR Verbal and Kaplan's verbal reasoning review book (2010 edition) at hand, and I only have time to go through one of them.
I have already completed 101 EK Verbal , TPRH verbal, and all the verbal sections from AAMC.

I've heard a lot of negative reviews about how TBR Verbal about is not really representative of the real MCAT, but I can't seem to find any reviews on Kaplan verbal. The kaplan verbal that I have is a book with total of 6 verbal full lengths(thus 42 passages total), and not the ones you find online.
So between these two, which one do you think will prepare you better for the real MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan verbal >> TBR verbal
I would do the Kaplan verbal since you have already gone through all the more useful stuff (TPRH, AAMC, EK101).
I would not do TBR verbal even if it was the last thing left.

Kaplan verbal >> TBR verbal
I would do the Kaplan verbal since you have already gone through all the more useful stuff (TPRH, AAMC, EK101).
I would not do TBR verbal even if it was the last thing left.
How did you fare with Kaplan VR?
I've been doing the VR Section Tests and have been consistently scoring 65%. Would reassure me if you did better on AAMCs than Kaplan VR lol.

I dont understand the hatred towards TBR verbal on this forum.
I started doing TBR psgs last week, and I have to say they are way better than Kaplan ones.. But yeah, TPR + EK are way to go if you havent done them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan Verbal is a joke. TPRH is the best, ExamKrackers is pretty good, and AAMC practice tests are terrific. But Kaplan Verbal is not at all like the convoluted mess that the real MCAT is. Don't waste your time with it