Teachers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interesting note.
Myself and 5 or 6 other dental students in my class are dating or are married to teachers. I thought it was a funny coincidence, just wonderered if anyone else had niticed the same at their respective schools

Members don't see this ad.

sandman said:
Interesting note.
Myself and 5 or 6 other dental students in my class are dating or are married to teachers. I thought it was a funny coincidence, just wonderered if anyone else had niticed the same at their respective schools

Isn't this a conflict of interest?? :confused:
Aside from being potentially a very ugly situation if things don't work out.

I think he means teachers as in K-12. Not D-school teachers.

Members don't see this ad :)
blankguy said:

??:confused: :confused: :confused: ??

Please explain. I hope you didn't think that his fellow classmates were dating THEIR dental school teachers :laugh: LOL

The dentist I shadowed was actually a teacher/coach before he went back to school. So was his wife. When he graduated d-school, his wife quit teaching and became his office manager. Let's just say they lived hapily ever after :D

bitecys said:

HAHA...you beat me to it!!

blankguy said:

I don't think he means that they are dating or married to the professors/assistants teaching the dental students. I think most schools frown against that sort of thing. I do have 2-3 classmates whose parents are faculty members (but they don't teach in any of our classes).

Sandman-yes there are about 2-3 people who are married/dating/engaged to teachers.

bitecys said:

you know what?

that is funny. i think we have a few of my classmates whose wives are teachers.
hmmmm

PERFECT3435 said:
you know what?

that is funny. i think we have a few of my classmates whose wives are teachers.
hmmmm

Hey perfect, how is school going? I can't believe that you guys start soo soon.. I know a ton of your classmates from undergrad.

Sorry, to clarify I was referring to K-12. Although the thread seems better just leaving it as the unspecified "teachers"

That would be cool though, to be married to your D school teacher. I would get her to be my proctor on every clinical case that I done! 4.0's all the way!!!!!!

Zurik5 said:
Hey perfect, how is school going? I can't believe that you guys start soo soon.. I know a ton of your classmates from undergrad.

hey Zurik. well, school is been kinda tiring eventhough we have only done orientation. 7.30-5 is just toooo long. i am still trying to adjust to the time diff between CA and IN. lol. i just have to force myself to going to bed at 10pm and not stay up so late anymore. thats like quitting smoking for me. too hard to do man.

where did you do your under grad?

PERFECT3435 said:
hey Zurik. well, school is been kinda tiring eventhough we have only done orientation. 7.30-5 is just toooo long. i am still trying to adjust to the time diff between CA and IN. lol. i just have to force myself to going to bed at 10pm and not stay up so late anymore. thats like quitting smoking for me. too hard to do man.

where did you do your under grad?

Dude 730-5 is nothing!!! My second year of undergrad was that 5 days a week. Fun times.

I expect dental school to be the same.

Anywhere there are LDS students (which is every dental school) you'll find many spouses who attended BYU. Anywhere there are BYU graduates there are hordes of teachers (elementary education is a hot major for BYU grads, especially women).