Teaching for Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razorback2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been informed that in order to teach the DAT course for Kaplan, I need to score in the 90th percentile on every section. The only score that I don't have is for the Total science section (My score: 19 (1 point short))...

So my question is this...

They want me to retake the Natural Sciences section only of the exam to see if I can raise my score up to a 20 in order to teach the entire exam for them. I feel confident that I can do this regardless of which exam they give me, but does anyone know if this is the same "practice test" they give you from when I took the course?

Also, from your past experiences, is this something worth doing?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

if im not mistaken i think you're allowed to "score qualify"
ask them about that

You can't just take the natural sciences section of the DAT. You have to take the entire thing. I dont know if I would pay $200 just for a potential job...You'd have to work for them just to break even.

Now, if it is one of their tests that you have to take..well they are easier than the actual DAT, and I am sure theyre the same ones the students take. So if that was the case, then it should be no problem.

Hey, I'm preeeetty sure it's a Kaplan exam that they'll give you to retake. I teach for kaplan and while training (they wanted me to teach SAT as well since it was off season for DAT) they wanted me to retake the math section of the SAT and it was a kaplan test so I would assume it would be the same for DAT as well. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Good luck :)