Technion 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phew! Thanks so much for clearing that up! I was getting very nervous, although you're right... the language is quite similar between all of the nasty blogs! I also felt that it did not make sense that such a world-renowned research facility would risk falsifying information to the public.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get in contact with students from the TeAMS program? I would love to hear what they have to say about the program... who best to promote it rather than their own students? I'm curious to know how Canadians are doing with respect to matching back in Canada?

Also, thank you for the information regarding the hebrew classes! I thought that there were classes that were incorporated into the 1st and 2nd year curricula to introduce medical terminology in hebrew, but perhaps I am confusing either Sackler or BGU with TeAMS? Is the Hebrew course for speaking Hebrew, or for learning medical terminology?

Lastly (sorry to anyone who answers for the billion questions!), on interview day, does anyone give a presentation on the program or anything like that, or are there alumni or students to talk with/ask questions? Thanks again ronathan and PingPong23 for all of your helpful and reassuring responses! :D

Members don't see this ad.

If you'd like to talk to current students, you can join one of the two facebook groups (Technion Medical School: Class of 2016 or the other one hyperlinked in an early post) and post any questions you may have. You can also look at past groups and message individual students. I've tried the latter, I haven't yet joined the facebook group, however from my experience messaging the students they are more than willing to answer any questions.

You will have two interviews, one with the dean and one with another physician. They give out pamphlets about the school, but there is no formal presentation. Students are not there for obvious reasons (in school 5,600 miles away), but the two interviews will spend time talking to you about the school. All the best! :)

Eva,
I didn't believe the website at first either, and was a naive student like you. I am in contact with several former and current students who have contributed to the website. Nearly all of the information can be easily verified as factual. The school administration and some students seem keen to throw one student under the bus.

Obviously you should do your own research, but really, what on the website is not factual? Do you want to rely on legal documents and research or the opinions of those with a vested interest to mislead you? Read the lawsuits, the legal filings, the newspaper articles, the match lists. Read everything. The Technion has no legal framework to get the site removed. You can't win a lawsuit for libel when the defendant is telling the truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are absolutely correct. I did some digging as well, and the numbers seem pretty accurate. You also forgot to mention the Technion actually sued Google and lost because the information was deemed accurate.

As much as people want to believe that it is all false, they need to rely on the actual numbers, not current students who feel the need to "pump up the place" because they are worried for their own futures. When I spoke with students directly (I live in Tel Aviv) I heard a markedly different tale then what some people here are posting (especially those who say it is "top notch.) I heard nightmarish things from students AND faculty. There are only like 3 faculty members who are from America to begin with. The majority of the patients in Haifa really do not know English. If you are hell-bent on Israel, come here to Sackler. If you don't get in, you should probably re-assess your options as everyone here knows that the TeAMS program is a joke.

Eva - you wanted to know how students ended up fairing matching into Canada? Last year the TeAMS program had zero matches into Canada. The class was about 40% Canadian and no one was able to match into a residency in Canada. This can be confirmed by looking at their manipulated "match list" which shows that there were at least 6 scrambles of the people who did match- but more realistically if you don't count the ones who didn't match and had to go for a prelim year - about 50% of the class didn't match.
By all appearances, the Technion TeAMS program appears to have infected some unfortunate souls - like herpes - they can't get rid of it, so they seemingly try and draw others in. It's the gift that keeps on giving! Don't fall for their trap. Look at the hard numbers. Think hard before gambling with your future.

Phew! Thanks so much for clearing that up! I was getting very nervous, although you're right... the language is quite similar between all of the nasty blogs! I also felt that it did not make sense that such a world-renowned research facility would risk falsifying information to the public.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get in contact with students from the TeAMS program? I would love to hear what they have to say about the program... who best to promote it rather than their own students? I'm curious to know how Canadians are doing with respect to matching back in Canada?

Also, thank you for the information regarding the hebrew classes! I thought that there were classes that were incorporated into the 1st and 2nd year curricula to introduce medical terminology in hebrew, but perhaps I am confusing either Sackler or BGU with TeAMS? Is the Hebrew course for speaking Hebrew, or for learning medical terminology?

Lastly (sorry to anyone who answers for the billion questions!), on interview day, does anyone give a presentation on the program or anything like that, or are there alumni or students to talk with/ask questions? Thanks again ronathan and PingPong23 for all of your helpful and reassuring responses! :D

Last edited:
My reccomendation to all is not to respond the above posts. This person is a fraud. He is the same person that was banned before in this thread under multiple accounts. He discreetly signs up under various accounts to make it seem like he has a lot of support when in fact he has none. Notice, for example, that each of the accounts only have a few posts each. This is because all of these posts are from the same person.

This is the same person that was kicked out of Emory Medical School with just 41 days before graduation (look it up on google) and then went to Technion under false pretenses and was kicked out of there as well.

You can imagine what he must have done to have gotten kicked out of two great universities. The best thing is not to respond to him and discuss any issues you may have during your interview. Don't be swayed by one troll. This person obviously has some problems. It's a great program! Good Luck to all of you! :)

Talk to students and administrators and you will find out. ;)

Last edited:
You simply randomly make the accusations without any basis. You have no idea who I am, or know nothing about me.

Again, you can't respond to the facts - the numbers, and the fact that Eva wanted to know how the Technion did in terms of Canada matches and the school admits it was zero last year.

Over and over again you repeat your ad hominem attacks which have nothing to do with me or the facts at hand.

I have never been banned on this site (or any other site). I am just annoyed to see some fraud write things like it "is a top notch program" and it is "great" when no one there I have ever spoken with thinks so. Today, I was on the beach with a rising 4th year who told me "in good conscience I could never recommend the TeAMS program and I wish people would stop lying about it. It is a little better with some new administrator but even now it is bad." He said the part-time financial aid accountant (R.L.) with no experience is the person who is in charge of away rotations! Is this true? Again, facts speak louder than random false accusations.

And lastly - telling them to "talk to the administration" who are on an advertising binge for an accurate review of the program is ridiculous advice. People should talk to actual students. They should contact alumni from previous years as well who have no current connection to the school. If you look back in the forums here and elsewhere, you will see HUGE blowups about the program going all the way back to 2006 - so accusing one random person serves you no good.
Pathetic - and you just prove the points made.

There appears to be a website which lists the horrible match data.

My reccomendation to all is not to respond the above posts. This person is a fraud. He is the same person that was banned before in this thread under multiple accounts. He discreetly signs up under various accounts to make it seem like he has a lot of support when in fact he has none. Notice, for example, that each of the accounts only have a few posts each. This is because all of these posts are from the same person.

This is the same person that was kicked out of Emory Medical School with just 41 days before graduation (look it up on google) and then went to Technion under false pretenses and was kicked out of there as well.

You can imagine what he must have done to have gotten kicked out of two great universities. The best thing is not to respond to him and discuss any issues you may have during your interview. Don't be swayed by one troll. This person obviously has some problems. It's a great program! Good Luck to all of you! :)

Last edited:
See previous post and link.

Please do talk to students and administrators.

Last edited:
Interesting articles in the news:

http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/angl...own-blog-critical-of-medical-program-1.360111

and

http://chronicle.com/blogs/wiredcam...s-google-to-remove-former-students-blog/31260

Verteran investigative reporter Raphael Ahren dod an exposè on the TeAMS program (in the first link). Among other things, it is stated in the article:

"Anglo File spoke to several past and current students, including one person who teaches at the school, but everyone interviewed asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation from the school. "I can attest to malfeasance that the Technion appears to be engaged in," a former student told Anglo File. "The environment was abusive and when wrongdoings were brought to the school's attention they reacted in a very defensive and threatening manner."

This is why that out of a class of 33 students, only 19 showed up last year! "PingPong23" is a perfect example of why.

Another quote from The Chronicle of Higher Education:
"We have brought these issues to the school's attention since 2006 in e-mails, class meetings, letters, etc., and the school appears not to do anything,"

Between 2010 and 2012 Technion Students have matched at the following schools:

Internal Medicine
Univ. Southern California
CA
Internal Medicine
Baystate Medical Center
MA
Internal Medicine
Overlook Hospital
NJ
Internal Medicine
UC San Diego Ctr.
CA
Internal Medicine
Overlook Hospital
NJ
Internal Medicine
Brookdale
NY
Internal Medicine
Boston's Caritas Carney
MA
Internal Medicine
Oregon Health and Science University
Oregon
Internal Medicine
Lenox Hill Hospital
NY
Internal Medicine
New York Methodist Hospital
NY
Internal Medicine
New York Methodist
NY
Internal Medicine
Roger Williams Med. Ctr.
RI
Internal Medicine
New York Methodist
NY
Internal Medicine
Lenox Hill Hospital
NY
Internal Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center
NY
Internal Medicine
Morristown Hospital
NJ
Internal Medicine
St. Barnabas
NY
Internal Medicine
Israel
Israel
Internal Medicine
Staten Island University Hospital
NY
Internal Medicine
Jewish Hospital
OH
Internal Medicine
Jacobi
NY
Internal Medicine
St. Barnabas
NY
Internal Medicine
SUNY HSC Brooklyn
NY
Internal Medicine
Israel
Israel
Family Medicine
McMaster University
Hamilton,ON, Canada
Family Medicine
University of Western Ontario
London,ON, Canada
Family Medicine
Univ. Of Florida- Shands Hospital
FL
Pediatrics
Long Island Jewish Hospital
NY
Pediatrics
Toronto Sick Children's Hospital
Toronto,ON Canada
Pediatrics
Univ. of Chicago
IL
Pediatrics
NY Medical
NY
Pediatrics
Winthrop University Hospital
NY
Pediatrics
Oregon Health and Science University
Oregon
Pediatrics
Winthrop University Hospital
NY
Pediatrics
SUNY Downstate NY
Pediatrics
Univ. of Nevada, LV NV
Pediatrics
Univ. of Nevada, LV NV
Pediatrics
Maimonides Medical Ctr NY
Pediatrics
Univ. of Nevada, LV NV
Pediatrics
Pitt County Mem Hospital NC
Pediatrics
Univ. of New Mexico NM
Pediatrics
Univ. of Southwestern Texas TX
Pediatrics
Univ. of Southwestern Texas TX
Pediatrics
St. Barnabas NY
Pediatrics
UMDNJ NJ
OB/GYN
Univ. of Buffalo SOM
NY
OB/GYN
Bridgeport Hospital
CT
OB/GYN
NY
Neurology
NY
Pathology
Israel
Israel
Pathology
SUNY Downstate
NY
Pathology
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Psychiatry
EVMS
VA
Psychiatry
NY
Neurology
Loyola University Hospital
IL
Neurology
Einstein/Montefiore
NY
Neurology
NY
Radiology
Israel
Israel
Surgery
NY Med Ctr Queens
NY
Surgery
Cleveland Clinic
OH
Surgery
Mayo Clinic
MN
Surgery
Cornell
NY
Surgery
Mayo Clinic
MN
Otolaryngology
Univ. of Southern California
CA
Emergency Medicine
University of Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly - a total of 90 students had a total of about 25 matches (when you remove the preliminary scrambles.) You also have to remove 8 people from that list who were in the Touro class of 2010 which no longer exists. What you are doing is called "manipulating data" - having a different program's students in the list and not specifying that a whole bunch were prelim years that people scrambled into. Bad. For instance - every surgery "residency" listed was a person who didn't match and scrambled into an open prelim spot that was vacant because no one wanted it. Now they have to go through the whole residency matching process again. Not impressive when you take into account the doctored data. This is more indicative of a place that has Groupon deals for tuition and accepts tuition via Paypal. It is far below that of even the middle-range Caribbean schools.

This is again, why only 19 students showed up for a class of 33 this year.

If you Google "Technion Teams Match" - the first link gives you the match statistics.

Last edited:
This entire back and forth is ridiculous. Students who are interested in pursuing a degree in the states should do so. Those interested in doing so in Israel have two (or three) options: either sign up for Sackler or Technion.

No one denies that there were issues at the Technion. It went through a serious overhaul in the last year, and hopefully it'll continue to do so. If you're a serious student who wishes to study in the Technion but is concerned, your best bet is to contact current students.

Do so via the TeAMS facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/groups/360693400645345/
or the class 2016 page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/244326172340792/

Hear it from the people in the program. They're honest and willing.

Kevin, I'm sorry that you've been through all that. Your eloquent writing and persistence may have gotten you far, but ultimately you'll fail if you continue along this path of negativity.

You have no idea who I am! That is absolutely pathetic that you simply make a blind assumption. Very sad. However, once again, the numbers do not lie. Only the people do, and continue to do so to mischaracterize things.
I'm glad we are in agreement though that any prospective student should be wary and talk to people. When one buys a house, you have it inspected for any problems by an inspector, you don't just "trust" the previous owner. Why not do the same for a 6-figure investment in education? I'm glad you agree with that premise - even though you accuse someone who has nothing to do with anything.

I agree with the premise, agree that a student should look into it and not rely on blogs and media which just as likely to be skewed by a student.

Drem,

Some of the above posts are exactly what is malignant about the Technion medical program. If the Technion has any chance of recovering from years of unsatisfactory match results, then it must avoid accepting students that pathologically lie with the hopes of inflating the prestige of the program as seen above.

I was a naive and perhaps a desperate student when I applied to medical school. The Technion took advantage of my naivete. I had decent (not exemplary) numbers with truly exceptional experience and I even went to rabbinical school. I was the ideal applicant in the Technion's eyes. The Technion's administration and some students presented the school in just the right light to make it seem legit. One student even said, quite convincingly, "There is no such thing as a bad medical school". Unfortunately, I drank the Kool-Aid. The Technion's lies are documented in legal documents all over the internet. Can you believe that the Technion sued Google over a blog? Can you believe the Technion took former students to a United Nations court in Switzerland? Can you believe they lost both cases? I will probably not become a fully-licensed physician and the Technion played no small role in destroying my dream. If you go to the Technion, you could end up like me. I never thought in a million years I would be where I am today after so much honest, hard work!

It is equally ridiculous how there is nearly no support network where it matters most. For example, when it comes to scheduling rotations, they have a part-time accountant who knows next to nothing about scheduling rotations in North America (Canada and US). There is already SO much frustration at this program. This oversight just adds insult to injury. For the sake of students still there, hire someone from America immediately who knows what they are doing!!

For those of you that are Jewish, let me pose the question in a different way:

If you were in your favourite restaurant and were trying to make sure the food was kosher, would you ask the restaurant owner if the food is kosher or would you ask the independent rabbi, whose job is specifically to make sure the food is kosher?

I can tell you as an independent rabbi that the Technion TeAMS program is not under kosher supervision and for all practical purposes can be classified as a treife medical program, unfit for intellectual consumption

Sincerely,
Yasher Koach

Your year was indeed the worst one in Technion history. It's no secret. I'm sorry for your predicament. I know that many of your classmates stayed an additional year and matched.

Drem,

Are you genuinely sorry for my predicament?

How are you defining many? Many is not the majority of the original class of 2010. Furthermore, I was not part of the inaugural Technion TeAMS class (of 2010). I agree with your implication, splitting from Touro was a disastrous decision for the Technion.

Now that we have established that your empathy was misplaced, are you still sorry for my predicament?

May I be so bold and ask if you are a prospective student or a current student attempting to deflect genuine and honest criticism from the school?

This is all pretty shocking given the reputation of Technion as a whole.....

Last edited:
Over and over again you repeat your ad hominem attacks which have nothing to do with me or the facts at hand.

I have never been banned on this site (or any other site).

Looks like there's a first time for everything.

I applied to the Technion and look forward to attend class 2016. Spoke to several current student from all years, 1-4. Just yesterday I had a conversation with a graduating student who confirmed that the first two years were difficult as the program was readjusting. He confirmed that everyone but 3 students matched last year. The three that didn't match were of their own accord. One became a vet, one unwisely applied extremely narrowly, and the other got married and took a year off.

Drem,

If the Technion placed so many of its graduates in residencies last year, which it clearly did not, then why did they fail to publicize their results like nearly every other medical school in the world? Why did they drag their feet in the sand when asked for results by numerous individuals and news agencies?

I ask the same questions and hope that in the next few years the new vice dean will streamline the program to match any other american counterpart. the transformation has already begun.

In all seriousness, how is the transformation going? Despite my overall negative experience at the Technion I want to see TEAMS turned into a world class program, at least on par with BGU and Sacker. I must ask a few questions, directed to students and staff of TEAMS.

Are TEAMS students still allowed to graduate without passing USMLE Step 1?

Are students still given 4-5 times to pass exams, for instance a surgery, internal medicine, or OBGYN elective or pre-clinical? I have received reports about students that essentially were given "מועד ה" exams the second time around after failing a year/course for the second time.

Are students still permitted to attend part-time?

I have confirmed that the vice-dean has de jure required everyone to pass Step 1 before beginning year 4. We of course will find out if this new standard has any teeth de facto. How is it ethical of the school to allow someone to be on clinical rotations without demonstrating rudimentary skills in the basic pre-clinical sciences?

These are serious questions that need to be resolved and corrected. I have confidence in the Technion that they will continue to clean up the program, and make it into one that we can all be proud of.

I hope so too. We'll keep you posted.

Why was monty mizer banned? He has a Type A personality and Type II Diabetes. He might die of high blood sugar before graduating from the program, and he deserves the respect of everyone in this forum. So yeah, he might be a bit bipolar, but he made a few good points. Be easy on him. Is speaking in hyperbolic language against this forum's policies?

The following website is all wrong. They forged all the documents. The Technion never sued Google, and they definitely were not stupid enough to take any former students to arbitration. These are all lies to try and destroy a GREAT program. Every student that has ever graduated from the Technion has matched into a residency.
http://wp.me/p1xd2A-n2

Exactly - a total of 90 students had a total of about 25 matches (when you remove the preliminary scrambles.) You also have to remove 8 people from that list who were in the Touro class of 2010 which no longer exists. What you are doing is called "manipulating data" - having a different program's students in the list and not specifying that a whole bunch were prelim years that people scrambled into. Bad. For instance - every surgery "residency" listed was a person who didn't match and scrambled into an open prelim spot that was vacant because no one wanted it. Now they have to go through the whole residency matching process again. Not impressive when you take into account the doctored data. This is more indicative of a place that has Groupon deals for tuition and accepts tuition via Paypal. It is far below that of even the middle-range Caribbean schools.

This is again, why only 19 students showed up for a class of 33 this year.

If you Google "Technion Teams Match" - the first link gives you the match statistics.

Technion is a great school. Don't let this one guy tell you otherwise. Speak to current students.

Last edited:
The Technion is a great school. The TeAMS program, not so great. Average is a more appropriate grade and perhaps too forgiving. There appears to be several people that are either fanatically pro-TeAMS or anti-TeAMS. I would not take any of them too seriously.

Steer clear of the misrepresentations in both directions in order to get the most accurate picture. There are many people expressing dissenting opinions with legitimate gripes. There are also many TeAMS graduates that have successful medical careers.

In general, one should only consider matriculating in the TeAMS program if they are comfortable with the potentiality of landing an average to below-average primary care residency, like most of the fortunate TeAMS graduates that found residencies in years past, or worse, not finding a residency at all.

Good luck

Last edited:
Technion has recently launched a FB page which can provide you with more info Facebook.com/technionmedicine