Telemedicine after residency???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeonardMcCoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm currently a PGY3 family med resident looking for job opportunities. More recently, I've become more interested in taking up a position in family medicine telemedicine and was wondering if you guys had any information on where to look for jobs, its lifestyle, pros and cons in comparison with more conventional positions(strictly outpatient family med doc), etc. I did hear that telemedicine companies don't like to hire docs straight out of residency. Is this true? If so, are there any agencies that do hire docs that are fresh graduates? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Most people don't do telemedicine full-time, and I would strongly discourage you from trying to do it straight out of residency. You simply don't know enough yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes many places want you to have at least 1 year of experience.

The best way to find a job is really just to start googling. When Covid happened for a variety of reasons I decided I needed a side gig. So now I work for a telemedicine company that focuses on 1 issue. I like it and am glad to make some extra cash.

It doesn’t hurt to apply.
You can google telemedicine companies that are specific to reproductive health/birth control, transgender medicine, men’s health, etc. Other than google, I also used LinkedIn. If you have relevant experience in those areas definitely tailor your CV to those experiences

Reactions: 1 user