Technology Telus Wolf Medical System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member3088

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am doing some research of EMR, and come across to Telus Wolf Medical System. Is there any user our there with any user feedback? Thinking of setting this one up for the clinic I will be working for, but haven't got around to inquire for the cost.

Can anyone please shed some lights of their user experience and expected expense on this?

Thank you for your response!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you Canadian or how did you come across Wolf? Or is it internationally known?

I used Wolf in my family practice rotations but since it's the only EMR I've really used I can't compare it or say if it's good or bad. Overall it worked great. Very quick and easy to chart while talking to the patient, and labs were quickly pulled up. Also it had nice preventative health tools built in like Framingham risk scoring, and templates for well patient visits.

There were a few annoying things about it such as having multiple screens for pulling up labs instead of just 1, and I found the medication list got populated with lots of drugs that patients were no longer on (you need to manually remove them i guess). Also diagnoses you made during patient visits didn't get transferred to the patient's medical history and often times nobody would bother to add it to the list. Writing prescriptions and doing refills was also not always very user-friendly and took some time to get used to.

I think overall it is a fine system, but people just need to be diligent about manually updating patient charts to make sure medication lists were accurate and up to date, and the same for medical diagnoses.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you Canadian or how did you come across Wolf? Or is it internationally known?

I used Wolf in my family practice rotations but since it's the only EMR I've really used I can't compare it or say if it's good or bad. Overall it worked great. Very quick and easy to chart while talking to the patient, and labs were quickly pulled up. Also it had nice preventative health tools built in like Framingham risk scoring, and templates for well patient visits.

There were a few annoying things about it such as having multiple screens for pulling up labs instead of just 1, and I found the medication list got populated with lots of drugs that patients were no longer on (you need to manually remove them i guess). Also diagnoses you made during patient visits didn't get transferred to the patient's medical history and often times nobody would bother to add it to the list. Writing prescriptions and doing refills was also not always very user-friendly and took some time to get used to.

I think overall it is a fine system, but people just need to be diligent about manually updating patient charts to make sure medication lists were accurate and up to date, and the same for medical diagnoses.
Thanks for sharing your user experience. I have seen some demo about Wolf and do agree with your experience. I am a Canadian and as far as I know Telus has acquired 3 EMR partnerships with EMR companies in Canada. Wolf EMR, KinLogix Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).

I am in the process comparing them all and the cost associate to it. Telus seems to be very slow to respond service inquiries. So I may have to just phone up each EMR provider individually.

Did you use your Wolf in Canada, just curious if Wolf is also a service provider for other countries.

Thanks for sharing your user experience. I have seen some demo about Wolf and do agree with your experience. I am a Canadian and as far as I know Telus has acquired 3 EMR partnerships with EMR companies in Canada. Wolf EMR, KinLogix Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).

I am in the process comparing them all and the cost associate to it. Telus seems to be very slow to respond service inquiries. So I may have to just phone up each EMR provider individually.

Did you use your Wolf in Canada, just curious if Wolf is also a service provider for other countries.

Oops, didn't see this reply until now. Yes, I used Wolf while doing family medicine in Canada. Most people on here are American so that's why I was surprised to see it mentioned. I don't know if anyone uses it outside of Canada.