Temple ACMS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebuginarug

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I didn't see a thread for this cycle's ACMS yet so I wanted to start it. I hope I'm not too late in applying but I'll likely only be complete by the end of December. Does anyone know of someone who's been through the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope! Called and they were telling me to stay patient in the nicest way possible

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I interviewed Feb 16th, and was told I’d hear back in a couple of weeks. I was complete mid January :)

Hi, I interviewed Feb 16th, and was told I’d hear back in a couple of weeks. I was complete mid January :)
Hi, would you mind explaining what the interview was like? I interview next week and I am both excited and scared

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, would you mind explaining what the interview was like? I interview next week and I am both excited and scared
Hey, first off congrats on the invite!!! It was pretty informal in my opinion, we were given a lot of information about the program first. Then was the faculty interview, and a blind interview. Then a bunch of current med students talked to us about the program and there was a virtual tour. And finally we spoke with a community member. Good luck!

Hi everyone!
My app was completed a few days ago. I am not originally from US so I don’t have SAT or ACT.
I am planning to take MCAT this May though.
However, the application will be closed by that time.
I scheduled to take GRE at the end of this month but I don’t have much time to prep.
Do you guys think they would review my application without GRE?
Or do you guys think they would wait until they get GRE scores?
Thanks!

Hey, first off congrats on the invite!!! It was pretty informal in my opinion, we were given a lot of information about the program first. Then was the faculty interview, and a blind interview. Then a bunch of current med students talked to us about the program and there was a virtual tour. And finally we spoke with a community member. Good luck!
Thank you so much!

Hi everyone!
My app was completed a few days ago. I am not originally from US so I don’t have SAT or ACT.
I am planning to take MCAT this May though.
However, the application will be closed by that time.
I scheduled to take GRE at the end of this month but I don’t have much time to prep.
Do you guys think they would review my application without GRE?
Or do you guys think they would wait until they get GRE scores?
Thanks!
I don't know how different the application process is for international students, but I was advised not to take the MCAT because they have an MCAT prep course.

I don't know how different the application process is for international students, but I was advised not to take the MCAT because they have an MCAT prep course.
Hi!
Thanks for reply!
I am not international student. English is not my first language and I didn’t graduate from US high school, however i graduated from US university in Delaware with bachelor’s degree. So I don’t think I’ll be considered international student.
The reason i was asking about GRE is I don’t have time to prep for it. But i have to take it. Looks like in order to apply you have to have either ACT/SAT, GRE or MCAT. Not sure, but that’s what it says in the website. However, my application is completed. You can enter future GRE test date if you haven’t taken it yet.

Hey everyone I just received the A this morning! Good luck to all of you, and I’m excited to hopefully be classmates this fall :))

Hey everyone I just received the A this morning! Good luck to all of you, and I’m excited to hopefully be classmates this fall :))
Congratulations!

Hello!
What test did you submit in your application? SAT/Act , gre or Mcat?
I am curious because my application is complete but i still have to take gre or mcat soon.
Thank you!
Hello I submitted my GRE

current student in the program in case anyone has questions

current student in the program in case anyone has questions
Hello,
Do you any students who got acceptance with low Casper and low GRE?
I have one week to prep for GRE and i don’t type fast. I don’t think i will get high scores on those tests. I have been working full-time and studying for MCAT so I didn’t have much time for anything else.
I don’t think i should have any hopes, I don’t know… I have high GPA and i work as an EMT but I don’t think that’s enough.
Thanks!

Hello,
I have one week to prep for GRE and i don’t type fast. I don’t think i will get high scores on those tests. I have been working full-time and studying for MCAT so I didn’t have much time for anything else.
I don’t think i should have any hopes, I don’t know… I have high GPA and i work as an EMT but I don’t think that’s enough.
Thanks!
I’m not as well versed in regards to GRE but mcat isn’t a deal breaker considering 25% of students roughly are actually going to take mcat at end of program if they don’t have a score that meets the requirements. In regards to Casper I myself didn’t do too hot because that is a test with a very interesting concept of morals and such and got in. They definitely are interested in who you are as a person during application process and take your whole narrative into account in my opinion. That’s what it felt like for me at least during interview when I talked about my academics being bad my first year of college then picking up from there

Also in c
Hello,
Thanks!
Also in case you are concerned about getting interview, I didn’t get my invite till much later after I submitted so remember it’s not over till it’s over

Also in c

Also in case you are concerned about getting interview, I didn’t get my invite till much later after I submitted so remember it’s not over till it’s over
Thank you for info and support!!

Also in c

I’m not as well versed in regards to GRE but mcat isn’t a deal breaker considering 25% of students roughly are actually going to take mcat at end of program if they don’t have a score that meets the requirements. In regards to Casper I myself didn’t do too hot because that is a test with a very interesting concept of morals and such and got in. They definitely are interested in who you are as a person during application process and take your whole narrative into account in my opinion. That’s what it felt like for me at least during interview when I talked about my academics being bad my first year of college then picking up from there
Thank you!

Received an A last Friday, good luck everyone, hope to see you this fall :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! How long after the interview does it take the committee to reach a decision? I interview this Friday
Id say it was about a two week turnover when I interviewed in may

Thanks! Do you like the program?
I really like the program. I think it gives you a really good taste of some of the expectations they will have for you in school and the material does feel like a lot at times but it is definitely manageable. Also good luck on your interview.

I really like the program. I think it gives you a really good taste of some of the expectations they will have for you in school and the material does feel like a lot at times but it is definitely manageable. Also good luck on your interview.
Thank you so much!

Completed app early Feb, Casper mid Feb, Interview invite recently for anyone wondering about timelines

Thank you. Can you pls share your stats ?
3.58 cumulative gpa and around 3.45 science, 512 mcat but had to retake because 1 subsection score is 125 which is under the 126 subsection requirement. Retook over summer to meet requirement but that was after I got accepted. If you don't make the score before you Start the program you get 1 attempt at the MCAT which you usually take at the end of the program because they provide mcat prep throughout the year. I just didn't want to worry about that so I took it before starting.

3.58 cumulative gpa and around 3.45 science, 512 mcat but had to retake because 1 subsection score is 125 which is under the 126 subsection requirement. Retook over summer to meet requirement but that was after I got accepted. If you don't make the score before you Start the program you get 1 attempt at the MCAT which you usually take at the end of the program because they provide mcat prep throughout the year. I just didn't want to worry about that so I took it before starting.
I still have to interview but I would be in a similar position regarding the MCAT. Do you mind giving a timeline regarding when the program ends and when the MCAT would be taken? How does that affect the conditional acceptance to the medical school? I am just wondering if I would retake before the program or wait.

I still have to interview but I would be in a similar position regarding the MCAT. Do you mind giving a timeline regarding when the program ends and when the MCAT would be taken? How does that affect the conditional acceptance to the medical school? I am just wondering if I would retake before the program or wait.
Start like early mid August, ends at end of April. Everyone usually takes the test early to mid May. If you don’t get the score you ultimately don’t get the conditional acceptance but I’m not too sure of how they help you afterwards regarding if you wanted to apply in regular med school cycle afterwards or what. I decided to take it one time before I started the program because I didn’t want to worry about possibility of doing well in classes but missing mcat costs me acceptance

Hi! I just got invited to interview. Do you have any tips on the interview process? what was it like?

Hi! I just got invited to interview. Do you have any tips on the interview process? what was it like?
Hi, honestly I’d say it was a really informal setting, they really just want to get to know you. I think I described the format in another reply, but it’s really just three rounds of interviews where they really focus on you as a person and your motivation to be there. I’d honestly just say relax and try not to sound rehearsed; remember you’re just trying to have a conversation:)) Good luck!

Congratulations again! I just received the A this afternoon. I am beyond excited.