Temple Dental School Off Campus Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twindmd1

Reaction score
Hi,
I was just accepted into Temple, does anyone have any suggestions on where to live in Philadelphia? I mainly want to live close to the school and minimize costs, while focusing on safer areas. Does anyone have any experience with Temple Lofts? Any suggestions you can provide are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Temple and safe aren’t related

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I am interested too. Would love to hear from existing Temple students

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I was just accepted into Temple, does anyone have any suggestions on where to live in Philadelphia? I mainly want to live close to the school and minimize costs, while focusing on safer areas. Does anyone have any experience with Temple Lofts? Any suggestions you can provide are greatly appreciated!
@DMD12345 is really not that off…use this link: Crime Maps & Stats | Philadelphia Police Department so you can be more aware of where violent crime is concentrated in conjunction to Temple and the rest of Philly. The info might help you pick where you want to live. With that said, there is usually an area where DS/MD students will tend to gravitate toward.

Reactions: 1 users
Current student at Temple. If you prioritize safety/quality of life, I would recommend looking into living in the Spring Garden/Fairmount area. I've heard good things about these apartments: LVL North, Broadridge, and the Hamilton. Also, all of these apartments are close to the subway that directly takes you on campus - a big benefit. If you prioritize cost, I've heard fairly good things about Temple Lofts. It's very close to the campus, so security still patrols around the area. Therefore, safety isn't too much of an issue.

Last edited:
Current student at Temple. If you prioritize safety/quality of life, I would recommend looking into living in the Spring Garden/Fairmount area. I've heard good things about these apartments: LVL North, Broadridge, and the Hamilton. Also, all of these apartments are close to the subway that directly takes you on campus - a big benefit. If you prioritize cost, I've heard fairly good things about Temple Lofts. It's very close to the campus, so security still patrols around the area. Therefore, safety isn't too much of an issue.
Do dental / med students live near the main campus like the view at Montgomerry or Vantage ?