Temple University Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUN DMV

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody accepted to Temple Pharmacy school recieved a letter for participating in Temple's HCOP program? I was just wondering about whether I should go because I've been accepted to do environmental research at Stony Brook University for more stipend money (3500 instead of 1500). Also, because I'm Chinese and I'm not dirt poor, I would think that I would not be considered as an "underrepresented minority." My question is this: "Is the first year of pharmacy so difficult that I should consider withdrawing research at Stony Brook so I can prepare for pharmacy at Temple next year?"

Because, I really want to go to Stony Brook for obviously the money and to get away from Philly for awhile. Also, could anyone give a description of the courses taken in the first year at Temple or any other pharmacy college? I'll probably be a real nerd and prepare for the first year anyway.

I seriously doubt I would be accepted to Temple's HCOP since I'm not a "socially disadvantaged" student.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

RUN DMV said:
Anybody accepted to Temple Pharmacy school recieved a letter for participating in Temple's HCOP program? I was just wondering about whether I should go because I've been accepted to do environmental research at Stony Brook University for more stipend money (3500 instead of 1500). Also, because I'm Chinese and I'm not dirt poor, I would think that I would not be considered as an "underrepresented minority." My question is this: "Is the first year of pharmacy so difficult that I should consider withdrawing research at Stony Brook so I can prepare for pharmacy at Temple next year?"

Because, I really want to go to Stony Brook for obviously the money and to get away from Philly for awhile. Also, could anyone give a description of the courses taken in the first year at Temple or any other pharmacy college? I'll probably be a real nerd and prepare for the first year anyway.

I seriously doubt I would be accepted to Temple's HCOP since I'm not a "socially disadvantaged" student.

Thanks.

Go to stony brook.