This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if UT plans to host a preview day or accepted students day anytime this spring?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UT plans to host a preview day or accepted students day anytime this spring?
I called in December to ask about that and they said they hope to let us tour in small groups sometime in March. I'm sure that will depend on how things are going with the pandemic.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope so! I havent heard much from them since being accepted.
Same! I’m hoping we hear more information soon. It would make the acceptance feel even more real!
I called in December to ask about that and they said they hope to let us tour in small groups sometime in March. I'm sure that will depend on how things are going with the pandemic.
Awesome, thank you!

Hey! Just a follow up on this, I called Deborah today to ask a few questions. She gave me an update about tours and said they most likely won't happen until May or June. The school wants to make sure tours happen eventually, but COVID is just setting them back.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Just a follow up on this, I called Deborah today to ask a few questions. She gave me an update about tours and said they most likely won't happen until May or June. The school wants to make sure tours happen eventually, but COVID is just setting them back.
Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail from our acceptance? Or do we just get the email.

Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail from our acceptance? Or do we just get the email.
I'm not sure, and was also wondering the same thing. I haven't received anything since I sent a letter to accept my position. Deborah did say they haven't gone through the letters they have received thus far. Since that hasn't happened yet, I'm assuming they might still send a follow up email or letter in the mail? But i'm not sure🤷‍♀️. Let me know if you hear anything!

Typically when they have time to start going through letters they will start sending emails with follow-up info. I don't think they usually send anything back in the mail.

OOS student here, any updates on when acceptances/rejections will be sent out? I had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and I'm anxious to hear back!

OOS student here, any updates on when acceptances/rejections will be sent out? I had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and I'm anxious to hear back!
Im an IS student and I had my interview in October and wasnt accepted until December, so it may be a while until you hear back. Good luck!

Does anyone have any idea when we should hear back about admissions decisions?

I remember hearing 4-6 weeks. I had my interview 4 weeks ago so I am hoping to hear from them soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS found out 8 weeks after interviews but my OOS friend said they told her 6 weeks max. For everyone's sake I hope it's soon.

IS Accepted! Got the email at 6am. Interviewed 1/15 (had hardship statement)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do they send out acceptances for students with hardship statements first?
I think they send out in state acceptances first, I just didn’t get an interview until later than the other IS applicants because of my hardship statement

This is the last school I’m waiting on to make my decision of where to go... if we don’t hear today I might go insane lol I just want to know where the heck I’m gonna be in 6 months😭

I spoke with Deborah earlier this week and she said that they hope to have decisions out by the end of next week for OOS students. She said they've been delayed due to a few technical issues. I've been driving myself CRAZY checking my e-mail because UTCVM is my first choice and I want to know so badly!! The waiting is killing me.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with Deborah earlier this week and she said that they hope to have decisions out by the end of next week for OOS students. She said they've been delayed due to a few technical issues. I've been driving myself CRAZY checking my e-mail because UTCVM is my first choice and I want to know so badly!! The waiting is killing me.
It’s one of my top choices too... and I have an acceptance to my second choice so I need to know so I can settle on a decision😩

Thank you for letting us know!

Everyone check your emails!! OOS Acceptance!

Reactions: 6 users
Do you think they are releasing them in waves? I haven't got anything yet 😭

Welp, hope they’re doing it in waves or else I am sad :(

OOS acceptance!!! I am so excited!! Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know who we address the our letter of acceptance to? Like just the admissions team? And they didn't mention anything about a deposit in the e-mail from today.

Just curious, did everyone get their email at around noon?

Does anyone know who we address the our letter of acceptance to? Like just the admissions team? And they didn't mention anything about a deposit in the e-mail from today.
No deposit :) it was a while back now but I believe I addressed the letter to the admissions team?

Just curious, did everyone get their email at around noon?
Mine was sent at 11 A.M. Maybe they're sending them in waves? But if not, you still have your second choice school! You're going to be a DVM no matter what! :)

• Care
OOS acceptance! I’ll be giving up my seat since I’ve accepted at my IS. Good luck everyone!

Deborah said they'll have all notifications out by friday

I spoke with my advisor who is actually on the admissions committee and she was surprised some people had heard already. They have a meeting tomorrow about admissions so maybe they'll send a few more acceptances out after that meeting. Until you hear rejection don't give up hope. For everyone's information, my advisor said they had about 1000 OOS applicants this year so the competition was high.

OOS alternate, I’ll be pulling my name from the list so good luck to everyone :)

OOS alternate :( does anyone know if they release what # you are on the waitlist, and if the waitlist moves at all after april 15th?

Just removed myself from the OOS waitlist because I was accepted to my IS school, good luck to everyone on there! This was my first choice school so I hope I make another waitlister very happy :)

This is a little specific, but I was hoping to talk to an OOS student that had other OOS offers and to learn why you choose Tennessee.

Your c/o 2025 Facebook page has been launched! You can find the link to it on the APVMA Facebook page. :)