tennessee car question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine mentioned that my car (bought in FL) might not be appropriate for Tennessee's cold and possibly snowy weather as it does not come with some sort of coating on the bottom to prevent from rusting. Does anyone know if there is any validity to this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Im from FL and at SCO and my car still works lol.

The only thing you might want to consider is a battery with more cold cranking amps. A few classmates have not been able to get their cars to start in the morning if it has been freezing for a few days. Make sure you have a full tank of antifreeze and youll be fine.

As for the "rust" I think my truck got more salt damage from living by the beach than it will ever get here in TN, it hardly ever snows, and when it does its not that bad.

I don't think is any validity to that, I wouldnt worry about it.

it does NOT get that cold in TN, lol. We went through a freezing spell recently which was ridiculous but last year it never even got close to that cold. Average highs in the winter are in the 40's, avg lows in the 20s-30s. Not that bad.