Program-Specific Info / Q's Tennessee OT: TSU vs. UTHSC vs. UTC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TnOT96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into these programs in Tennessee and was wondering if there is a big difference in the programs.

TSU is most convenient for me as I could live at home and start sooner than Memphis, but I have heard mixed things about the program. Can any alumni from the program attest to how prepared you felt after graduation? I want the Masters over Doctorate and being able to live at home is a big factor for me. Even though both programs have good NBCOT pass rates, I am just worried that TSU's program isn't as good as UTHSC in Memphis and that I would receive a better education if I went there.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted into these programs in Tennessee and was wondering if there is a big difference in the programs.

TSU is most convenient for me as I could live at home and start sooner than Memphis, but I have heard mixed things about the program. Can any alumni from the program attest to how prepared you felt after graduation? I want the Masters over Doctorate and being able to live at home is a big factor for me. Even though both programs have good NBCOT pass rates, I am just worried that TSU's program isn't as good as UTHSC in Memphis and that I would receive a better education if I went there.
Which program did you decide on? I am in a similar situation.

Which program did you decide on? I am in a similar situation.

I am attending TSU. I talked to some people who had gone there, and they all said most of your learning comes from Fieldwork no matter where you go to school.

Reactions: 1 user
I am attending TSU. I talked to some people who had gone there, and they all said most of your learning comes from Fieldwork no matter where you go to school.
I think I have decided to go there too. Can I have your contact info?