Tentative School List!!! For 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulMD1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

My undergrad GPAs are on the lower side (cum 3.5 sci 3.45)....but I have been told that my 4.0 in post-bacc classes and 4.0 graduate GPA, as well as a very strong upward trend in my undergrad GPA (Almost all A's aside from freshman year) should not keep me from applying. I am working on a Master's in Public Health and have very extensive list of unique extracurriculars, volunteering, shadowing and healthcare experience. I was a student athlete while I was an undergrad. I am taking the MCAT in June and I expect (at the VERY least) to get over a 510. I'm from NY. I'm really hoping for an MD program. Here is my tentative school list:

SUNY Downstate
SUNY Upstate
NY Medical College
University of Buffalo
University of Vermont
University of Miami
Florida State University
Marshall University
Quinnipiac University
Hofstra University
Cooper Medical School (Rowan University)
West Virginia University
Temple
Medical University of South Carolina

I'm looking to add a few and possibly take a few off this list. Any input? I know this is very dependent on my MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad.

Without an mcat we can only guess but the NY state schools are a good bet. Do you have MSAR? Check the accepted students page when choosing schools. Both FSU and MUSC almost exclusively take in state.

Hello!

My undergrad GPAs are on the lower side (cum 3.5 sci 3.45)....but I have been told that my 4.0 in post-bacc classes and 4.0 graduate GPA, as well as a very strong upward trend in my undergrad GPA (Almost all A's aside from freshman year) should not keep me from applying. I am working on a Master's in Public Health and have very extensive list of unique extracurriculars, volunteering, shadowing and healthcare experience. I was a student athlete while I was an undergrad. I am taking the MCAT in June and I expect (at the VERY least) to get over a 510. I'm from NY. I'm really hoping for an MD program. Here is my tentative school list:

SUNY Downstate
SUNY Upstate
NY Medical College
University of Buffalo
University of Vermont
University of Miami
Florida State University
Marshall University
Quinnipiac University
Hofstra University
Cooper Medical School (Rowan University)
West Virginia University
Temple
Medical University of South Carolina

I'm looking to add a few and possibly take a few off this list. Any input? I know this is very dependent on my MCAT score.

Unless you are a West Virginia resident, from a neighboring state, or have strong ties to WV, I would remove Marshall University. They have strong IS preference.